PDA

View Full Version : Think i'm going mad!!!

caroline151080
19-04-06, 13:47
Hi I've posted before on this subject before but for some reason I need more reasurance today. I have had this horrible feeling of a lump in my throat for ages, I am getting really panicked that it will close of my wind pipe and i'll stop breathing or that it is throat cancer. I feel so tense in my throat I have had anti biotics but they haven't worked. The lump feels like it is around my adam's apple or to the side around my gland or even up into my ear. I also feel like I have loads of cattarh in my throat, that I can't get rid of. I have had anxiety for years but all this started when I lost my mum about 2 months ago. I haven't been able to eat properly in ages because I feel like I will choke. Can someone please explain to me what is causing this throat thing I can really feel it and it gets me so anxious even though 3 doctors have told me not to worry. Sorry to go on about it all again, but it is such a relief when people who understand,reply to your posts even if they are going over the same reasurances you have allready been told. This is driving me mad and I'm fed up now I wake up every morning feeling this way and with a sick nervous feeling in my stomach.

katyfitz
19-04-06, 13:55
When my anxiety 1st started out about 8 months ago, i had this feeling of being smothered (suffocated) and it was like i had a blocked up nose and couldnt breathe but i never my nose was fine, everytime i ate it was like it was sore to swallow and hard, it would cause me to have hot flushes and think i was dying because i couldnt get my breathe i actualy used to think it was a blood clot on my lung, but as soon as i forgot about it and focused on another symptom it went and the only time i get it is when ive had a really bad stressful day.

Ul be fine mate doctors are right and when u start believeing you will start eating again and stop worrying, why dont you try focusing on something like painting something or reading or eveb writing a story this all helps me

PM me anytime x

nomorepanic
19-04-06, 19:30
Caroline

Did I send you all the posts before to read?

I have had mine since June last year now and still can't swallow properly.

I think it is cos we tense the muscles.

Nicola

caroline151080
19-04-06, 19:41
Thanks Nicola
I have had a look through. There are so many people with the same symptoms! It's a relatively new symptom for me only had it since my mum died earlier this year. This website has been a total life saver through it all, stumbled across it after putting in my symptoms on a search engine, luckily for me got this web site and not some scary site telling me I had all the symptoms of cancer!!!!

caroline151080
19-04-06, 19:41
Thanks Nicola
I have had a look through. There are so many people with the same symptoms! It's a relatively new symptom for me only had it since my mum died earlier this year. This website has been a total life saver through it all, stumbled across it after putting in my symptoms on a search engine, luckily for me got this web site and not some scary site telling me I had all the symptoms of cancer!!!!