PDA

View Full Version : can anyone relate to these attacks?

beckysparkles
23-05-11, 23:30
Hi all, well as the title suggests...
I have been suffering with what i now believe are panic attacks and i am not dying for 2 yrs! all started when i put hair dye on and for some reason thought i was having a reaction... called 999 and everything! felt so silly, this was when my son was 2 weeks old and they blamed it on hormones... since then, i have lost 5 stone in weight because i cant eat, all i could eat for 6 months were jacobs cream crackers, plain and drink tea, i have had hypnotherapy but its just not working,,, i am PETRIFIED of taking any form of medication, eating food that is not bread with only butter, chocolate or pom bears! im ok with chips, cant have anything much else... and its getting worse, i am constantly checking my pulse, incase its slowing down, have a panic attack after eating anything, even if i know im ok with it, the thought of being taken out for a meal scares me! i need my hair doing but cant bring myself to go to the salon even if it is only to have a cut in case i smell some dye! i dont kn ow what to do now, as its only getting worse, im already a size 8 and dont want to lose much more weight but i cant help it... i have 2 kids to look after, dont have any energy, worried i am going to have some form of anaphalactic reaction (excuse the spelling!) thinking im having an asthma attack, this happens at least 10 times a day and night.... hope someone can help with this .. xx

Lynnann
23-05-11, 23:39
Hi Becky,

:welcome:tp NMP, you will get loads of good advice and support here and make some great friends along your journey to recovery.

Yes you have anxiety, have you read the first steps section?
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/firststeps/

Have a chat with your GP when you are ready and you can start thinking about what treatment would be best for you.

I am not surprised you have no energy with such a poor diet, are you able to start intruducing other items into your daily diet?

Lynnann:flowers:

beckysparkles
23-05-11, 23:57
Yes i have read every self help book, web page, forum advice there is but i cant seem to 'snap' out of it... i am trying to introduce foods into my diet but if i do try i have an attack that lasts an hour at least, as for some reason in my head a reaction can occur anytime up to an hr so i give it that much time, have tried lowering the time, but feel like im lying to myself! all seems sooooo crazy!!!

lucy devine
24-05-11, 00:24
Hi,
I can completely relate to this...
I probably won't be of much help but I avoid foods and dyes in fear of having an allergic reaction and instantly feel like I can't breathe after I've eaten something new. I'm not as bad now as I can eat things that I've had before as i've realised that surely I won't go into anaphalactic shock if I haven't with that food before. It's horrible I know, I hope you start to feel better soon xxxxxxxx

beckysparkles
24-05-11, 08:37
Hi Lucy

How long have you had it for? I am just feeling that now its getting worse, i used to have attacks in the moddle of the night and have to get up, drive around the block for about an hour then i would be ok... but now its happening all day and evening, its draining me! and now the asthma symptoms are so scary, feels like im having an asthma attack then after about 20 mins it goes... i just want to be normal again! xxx

xJust_Sarahx
24-05-11, 10:42
Hi
i can completely relate to this!! many many years ago (im 23 now) i used to love m&m peanut ones, and nutella ect, but now i wont dare eat anything that has nuts or anything incase i have an allergic reaction - even though i have never had a problem with them before. I hate getting my hair dyed also because im scared incase i inhale too much and i will stop breathing. Times wheni have had my hair done, i find my self coughing and wheezing on a night and i automaticly think its asthma!

I dont each much at all, nothing like spagetti or pot noodles or nuts or anything like that, anything i have a thought of been allergic to or choke on because not been able to swallow it properly - then i wont eat it!

Im also a size 6-8 and i have had 3 children, My latest was born 24th feb 2011.

EVERYDAY and all throughout the day i always have a struggle to breathe, i feel like i am breathing too fast, and my chest wheezes and throat hurts soo much, i feel like im having an ashthma attack. So i completely know where you coming from.

All i can suggest is that you keep going to the doctors until you feel like they takin notice and they may give you a peak flow test and a spirometry test to rule out anything like that, meanwhile whilst waiting you may get provided with an inhaler like i did because according to my doctor even if i didnt have asthma using an inhaler to help relieve breathing symptoms is harnless, although it makes your heart race fast.

Lynnann
25-05-11, 00:05
Yes i have read every self help book, web page, forum advice there is but i cant seem to 'snap' out of it... i am trying to introduce foods into my diet but if i do try i have an attack that lasts an hour at least, as for some reason in my head a reaction can occur anytime up to an hr so i give it that much time, have tried lowering the time, but feel like im lying to myself! all seems sooooo crazy!!!

Hi Becky,

But once you have introduced that food into your diet, is it then within your safe category? I do think you need to chat with your doctor, perhaps CBT would be something you could discuss? start changing the way you react to situations. Unfortunately there is no snap out of it, it takes time and effort to battle the beast of anxiety, you are already further than you were before as you understand that is what it is now, the next battle is finding the right treatment and coping mechanisms that work for you.

Lynnann:flowers:

KayleighJane
25-05-11, 13:01
thanks so much for this thread, i also have a lot of these thoughts, when i was having my hair dyed last week i started to freak out and worry that i might be allergic to the hair colour despite colouring my hair many many times before, i also had a nasal infection and got worried because the cream said "contains peanut oil" and then i started to worry incase i was allergic to nuts again after eating them for years with no problem. anxiety is evil and i am still struggling to defeat the monster that it is.

ashton 88
29-05-11, 16:07
Hi i thought i was going mad, a thought a was the only one that suffered from this. My attacks started 2 years ago out of the blue, i thought i was dying. Its the most horrible thing in the world to suffer this. I find my attacks get worse after drinking. Would be good if someone could wave a magic wand and take it all away. If only that could happen. x