PDA

View Full Version : Hello all - panic, anxiety and depression

monkfishjoe
24-05-11, 11:54
Hi,

My name is Joe and I'm 28. I have recently been diagnosed with anxiety and depression. I have suffered both of these ailments before, on and off for aout 15 years. This time, the past six or seven weeks since being diagnosed have been far worse than anthing I have ever experienced.

I have Health Anxiety in particular. i am always concerned I have some kind of brain disease or tumour as that is my worst fear. Unfortunately this has lead to many panic attacks and a massive worsening of my depression. THings seem a bit bleak at the moment - but I'm sure I will get better.

Anyway, I'm pleased to meet you all and if I can help any of you with anything, then I will try my best.

Regards

Joe

diane07
24-05-11, 12:01
Hi monkfishjoe

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Starfish26
24-05-11, 21:25
Hi Joe,

Im new here too. Was you diagnosed previously with Anxiety and Depression or just recently? I found I got a lot worst when I was first diagnosed.

Trace :)

Vanilla Sky
24-05-11, 21:31
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

monkfishjoe
25-05-11, 13:02
Thanks all for your welcomes.

I was diagnosed recently and it has gotten worse since. Still, last night was ok!

Things will hopefully look up.

Chris21
25-05-11, 13:27
Hi Joe,

I have been diagnosed with depression, PTSD and suffer from heightened anxiety and panic attacks and recently took my 2nd overdose. I am getting great help from my local NHS mental health team but still feel I have to win the battle going on in my head every day. Medication will only take me so far, the rest is up to me.

Try and be strong and feel free to message me at any time. We will get through this.

Chris

monkfishjoe
26-05-11, 17:49
Chris, thank you for the message. I'm sorry to hear you have been so bad you're right though, this is something that end can get through-it's just believing it that is hard at the moment. I'm so fed up off feeling scared all the time.

Not a day goes by without a panic attack and ask the mind chatter.