PDA

View Full Version : Corsodyl mouthwash - side affects?

miss_moose
24-05-11, 14:14
It's been recommended by my dentist that I use Corsodyl mouthwash, as i'm having problems with my wisdom took and it's making my cheek sore.

I've just got some Corsodyl Original Mouthwash, but i'm worried now because it has side effect warnings on the label.

I've also just read on a website that you shouldn't use it when you brush your teeth, but wait for half an hour after.

Anyone else here use it that could offer reassurance or advice?

Thank you

anthrokid
24-05-11, 16:00
Hey Miss Moose,

I remember using it when I had my wisdom teeth out, and the only problems i had was that it mde my teeth feel a bit funny and it made my gums a little more sensitive.

You'll find that most of the side-effects are extremely rare and may not even relate to the use of the product itself, but when they were testing it they were symptoms that some testers showed, so they still had to be listed whether it was proven to be caused by the product or a result of something else :)

emmawalton
24-05-11, 16:30
i use it but my dentist told me to use the daily defence one and not the original as this tends to stain the teeth more.

MissSunshine
24-05-11, 17:10
Hi, I use the corsodyl daily defence mouthwash. At first I was very nervous about using it like you I read the side effects, but I went ahead and was fine! im sure % of people who get those side effects are very low. It is a great mouthwash... be brave! x

miss_moose
24-05-11, 17:31
I used it, and i was ok:)I was nervous at first, but it didn't have any unwanted side effects and it didn't taste bad.

Thank you:bighug1:

snowgoose
24-05-11, 17:35
Hi Miss Moose

excellent mouth wash if used for a shortish time .not long term .
a good old fashioned mouth wash but used in hospital I worked in was salt and cooled boiled water. recommended by dental hygienists and doctors. very effective. xxx

suzy-sue
24-05-11, 18:20
Diluted cider-vinegar is good also, I cap to 5 parts water .Especially when you have an infection .Sue

johnMakeham
20-07-13, 07:35
I have now used Corsodyl Mouthwash for 1 week. I lost my sense of taste on day 1 and it has not returned. I can currently drink vinegar and not taste it. Not good. If it persists I will stop using it.

joelhall
20-07-13, 10:31
Toothpaste generally deactivates the compounds so it doesn't work properly. As for side-effects... I'm no expert on mouthwashes or a dental surgeon, but given the active compound is chlorhexidine, I'd guess irritation of the mucous membrane would be a possible side-effect. But I wouldn't worry too much about this - even if it does happen it won't be dangerous and stopping use will reverse the problem.

Speranza
20-07-13, 12:02
I'm not keen on it. But it didn't harm me. And it's healthier than having dodgy gums. If your teeth become discouloured. it's the kind of staining the dentist can get rid of with a quick polish.

Zimbosam
06-11-14, 21:46
Hi miss moose and the collective I started using corsodyl mouthwash this week and within 5 days gums are sore and tongue is tingling all the time plus have the most disgusting taste in my mouth. Yuk no more.