PDA

View Full Version : My new obsession!

countrygirl
24-05-11, 14:52
I am nearly 50 definetly menopausal and have been getting weird hot flushes for past couple of weeks. I was convinced I was getting flu so have been taking my temp many times a day and never above normal.
Couple of days ago got iffy bowels, gripy pains bloated feeling going more times than normal but motions normal. Fine yesterday but back again today.
Weird pains and aches moving around body different place every day and really painful.
Friends and someone on here say there are bugs going round that give you headaches, sweats funny tums sickness exhaustion etc
BUT I have come up with a really good one
Carcinoid Syndrome- it is very rare but its symptoms are flushing( dark red) of the neck and head without sweating. I don't go dark red but I also don't sweat that much either:weep:
Watery diarrhea is another symptom accompanying the flush. I seem to have the flushes before a bowel movement but no watery stuff:weep:
Fast heartbeat is another symptom - well!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It says that Dr take ages to diagnose this as its so rare:weep:

So far this year my poor Dr has tested me for an adrenal tumour because of the weird electric shock sensations when I am falling asleep and also arranged a mri of my brain to reassure me.
I have had 24 hr heart moniter because of my normal ectopics changing to runs of ectopics making me feel faint.
He has arranged for me to have a sleep study in two weeks re electric shock feeling as above.

Now I want to run to him and say please please do the blood.urnine test to rule out carcinoid sydrome for me - I think only a consultant can do them anyway.

One half of me does not want to tell him what I am worrying about ( he is really nice and has never made me feel a nuisance) but I can imagine what he is thinking like oh no here we go again stupid woman and other half wants to tell him what I am worrying about so he can explain why I am wrong.

Help!

kibbutz83
24-05-11, 15:12
Hi countrygirl, I'm 48 and menopausal, and have done a lot of reading re "The change" :(
I get ALL the things you get, plus a few more, and I am 99% convinced it's all down to menopause... the dropping oestrogen levels cause absolute havoc in every part of the brain/body... I have to take ad's and sleeping pills just to stay (reasonably) sane. I think a lot of menopausal women suffer adrenal fatigue, and this will cause all the physical and psychological symptoms we are experiencing :( Good luck...

snowgoose
24-05-11, 15:26
Hi Countrygirl
please dont worry ........those are exactly menopause symptoms to me .
I get red hot but no sweating too........but do at night .
aches and pains another yes .............they move around and I feel a right old crock . exhaustion and lethargy as well .
what joy :mad:
honestly google a menopause forum and you will see the range of symptoms discussed.....sooooooooo many similar to anxiety . it put my mind at rest .
take care :hugs:

countrygirl
24-05-11, 15:42
Thanks both nice to know you can get a flush without the sweating and it be meno.

Health anxiety and meno are a right old xxxxx combination:wacko:

macc noodle
24-05-11, 17:04
Hey Countrygirl - the blinking meno makes the anxiety worse - blooming hormones.

I didn't believe my doc when she said all my odd feelings were peri-meno - have had numerous tests over last 18 months - all came back fine - she was right and I, well I was just hormonal LOL xx