PDA

View Full Version : palpitations and tiredness

lavender123
24-05-11, 16:41
i have suffered with anxiety for years, and i get heart racing and the shakes, but the last couple of days i have been getting strange feeling in my chest like shaky heart feeling sort of going up my throat, i cannot travel far as i am scared of motorways, so i havent had a holiday for about 8 years, my partner who is very good but i know is really quite sick of my illness, has talked me in to a day trip by coach nesxt tuesday to clacton, i know he tries to understand but the thought of sitting there, for an hour in the some seat, is worrying me, but i have agreed to go, i have let myself down loads of times, anyway, i am wondering if this is making me more anxious about going and causing the heart palpitations, i am also under a lot of stress, with family members. any feedback would be appreciated. thanks:)

KayleighJane
24-05-11, 20:48
hiya i get these kind of palpitations quite often, it feels like "butterflies" in your throat? and i mainly get them when i feel particularly nervous about something, i take propanolol to control them but sometimes i still get them anyway, alot of people have told me that they are not harmful in anyway so firstly keep telling yourself that. do you take any medication for your anxiety? if you do then have a beta blocker before you head off. if you don't have medication then a lot of people recommend bach rescue remedy or kalms as a natural remedy for relaxation and for calming down.

hope this helps a bit :) and have a fun day trip, you will have a great day out.

Kayleigh x

lavender123
24-05-11, 21:11
thanks kayleigh:)