PDA

View Full Version : first timer

kezza
19-04-06, 15:33
hi everyone heres abit of my storyi.ve had panic attacks anxiety on and off for 20 years i'm now married happpily with 2 small children and at my wits end on no all the answers but cannot practise them. i've been to the doctors several times i had a massive panic attack in january and since then ihave got worse i'm agrophobic i have job to take my children to school and nursery i drink to calm down but i can't go on like this the doctor prescibed anti depressants but i won't take them i used to be such a strong person why as this happened to me now. i feel so week and esuless although i'm fine in the houde now i wasn't at one time i begged my husband not to goto work a few times but that has passed and i don't cry anymore i just want to go out to the park do the weekly shopping on my own like i used to sorry to sund off but i'm so fed up

kezza

Alexandra
19-04-06, 15:48
Hi Kezza

Welcome from a fellow agoraphobic. There are a few of us on here & im sure they will come & say hello very soon.

You will find lots of help & support on here & some very good advice too.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

Ma Larkin
19-04-06, 16:07
Hi Kezza, why won't you take the anti-depressants? I'm sure they'd make you feel better. I must admit I do drink to try & solve things, but I just end up feeling worse. I'm a single parent with 3 kids, I'm now on Prozac (only for a month so far) and take Diazepam for the panic attacks. Haven't suffered from agoraphobia luckily but I understand where you're coming from.

You will meet loads of people in the same situation as yourself & get lots of good advice.

Take care & welcome to NMP.

Les

kezza
19-04-06, 16:30
i won't take them because the only thing that helps for a quick fix is a drink i i can't drink with tablets that frightens me. i only feel worse with the drink if i have to much and that is not very often i know my limitations. i feel really 100 times worse if i have to many thanks for repling

latic
19-04-06, 16:47
Hi Kezza

I control my anxiety/ panic attacks in the same way. Im on no medication and rely on drink to calm me down and give me that sense of normality. If you want to work thro this together and have a chat PM me. Take Care

Sarah xx

jackie
19-04-06, 18:37
kezza your not souning off at all, we like to get to know a bit of what you go through in your posts

youll love it here, if only because it will make you feel less alone with this s**t

jackie

nomorepanic
19-04-06, 19:00
Hi Kezza

Welcome aboard. Have a good read of the website and you will find some great advice on there - www.nomorepanic.co.uk

Hope you get some support here.

Nicola

trac67
19-04-06, 20:32
Hi Kezza,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

clickaway
19-04-06, 21:37
Welcome aboard, Kezza

The real way of getting better is challenging yourself in small steps. It is possible to beat agoraphobia by enrolling on a CBT course - charities like No Panic do them over the phone.

It's all about facing the fear and realising you can do it.

Take Care,

Ray
http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Karen
19-04-06, 22:14
Hi Kezza

Welcome to the forum.

You might find the following information helpful:

First Steps (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=firststeps)

Symptoms (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=symptoms)

Starting on recovery/Agoraphobia Agorophobia (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6184)
im back now! (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6310)
Agoraphobic - how did that happen? (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6745)

Links post: Links to posts about Common Problems (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7784)

You will find a lot of help and support here.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

Two heads
20-04-06, 12:10
Sorry your feeling so c..ap kezza!Theres loads of kind caring people on this forum that can talk to you at your worsed possible moments{because we all have them}
You are so not on your own sweet!I my self really dont like being on my own since this all started,but i really dont have much choice.
Maybe you should think about trying the tablets as i think sometimes they can help hun.Drink will only make you feel worse.I started drinking more in the evenings when this problem frist came about and like you realised i couldet go on like this and have been on a low dose of mends for 7 weeks.I feel alittle better than i did befor i think.I can now go to supermarket again without that fear.I still get good and bad days.xx

stace81
20-04-06, 13:55
Hiya im Stacey, i know exactly what you mean with the drinking it doesnt help in the long run but it does at the time.
This site is great an you will get lots of support.
Look forward to speakin to you.
Stace xxxx

sford

heths
20-04-06, 14:30
Hi Kezza,

I am also agoraphobic. I'm getting help and getting there slowly. It takes time and like others have said, you gain confidence by challenging yourself in small steps.

Take Care,

Heather

Paddington
20-04-06, 14:57
hello Kezza,crumbs thatwas like reading my life story!!Yep i too drink 4 a quick fix,not as much as i did,thank god.I find valium help me they are pretty quick to kick in!It is vile ,the longing for 'normality'!i am agoraphobic too,but am on the right track to gettin out there.Mainly since i joined here.i find out new things every day,today it's been about the cbt over the phone???never knew and never had it ,so will be checkin that out !Also how many of us use drink to help,[though i was a lonely old boozer!?]so you see,you have done the best thing for your self to get well by joining us here!God bless.Mary-Rose.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

chucklehound
20-04-06, 17:47
Hi Kazza and welcome to the forum!

shiv
20-04-06, 18:23
Hi kezza. You'll find lots of mums with little ones here. I't's hormone city! I do the same as you as long you control the drinking and it doesn't control you that's ok, just don't make the mistake a lot of people make and let it build up

Shiv x

kezza
26-04-06, 18:15
hi ya sorry its taken so long my computer crashed thank you for all your replies. having a particularlly???? bad day today notdrinking much today i;m going to make a real effort i find if i don't eat properly or until the evening i feel really bad for a day or 2 anybody have this. i not sure i'm having a bad day because of not drinking to much not eating properly i could quite easily have drank all day today slowly to calm myself but i guess i do have some will power in there i just doesn't feeel like it at the time i keep thinking the doctors have missed something and am frightened of tht possibility what a vicious circle i live in many thanks kez