PDA

View Full Version : banged head last night

Em.ma
25-05-11, 10:53
about 930 pm last nught i banged my head with my really heavy hair dryer. on the top right near forehead. it feels sore at the moment and i have pains at back of head due to muscle tension. also when i do my hair- its curly so takes a lot of brushing and drying and i can end up been quite rough with my head getting the knots out. im panicking!

Em.ma
25-05-11, 11:09
Also sore o touch

Katie6
25-05-11, 11:19
You really don.t have anything to worry about your hairdryer won.t of done you any harm. my 6 year old son had a collision with another child they banged heads and he went flying and we think he got knocked out. he spent the evening at a&e and he was sent home. apart from a headache he is ok. so if a little boy can go through that and be fine, the chances of your hairdryer doing you any damage are not at all likely xx

valleybear
25-05-11, 17:32
You will be fine. I had the garage door fall on my head in the last high winds and it was, indeed, very painful! Sore to touch for about 3 days and when I brushed it for a few days after that. Skulls are made of pretty hard material and protect the brain really well!!...and what you have bruised is outside the skull...the nerve ends etc. Best thoughts...you will be fine. X

Em.ma
25-05-11, 20:02
thank you both BUT you never guess what i just accidently did it again as dad walked in one me and made me jump and it hit my forehead grr so angry and upset. :(

xhyperyogix
25-05-11, 20:08
Must be something in the air. I did mine last night. I'm fine, but have a MASSIVE bruise right in the middle of my forehead... Ok, so laugh at this.....

9.45pm Clever me, avoiding some overhanging branches getting in the car...Hmm so I only went and opened the car door thwack straight on my head. I had to sit in the car for 5 mins before I could see straight enough to drive back 5 mins home. Thankfully I'm not going to repeat it as I got back in the house tonight already!

Anyway, moral of the story is I am fine today, just a massive bruise and a stupid me, so Em, I'm sure you'll be Ok from the hairdryer, even if you've done it twice! :)

xxx

Em.ma
25-05-11, 20:22
thank you. most sure there is something in the air at the moment! i can not beleive ive just done that again! :( silly me. only someone like me could do that them selve two days in a row haha. it feels funny round that area and now and i feel like i have a headache but i dont. also aboive eye to one side feels very strange, i just dont feel right at all.

Em.ma
26-05-11, 18:08
today i feel very tired. cant move and very very very ill and at the moment im very hot.

Em.ma
26-05-11, 23:43
cant sleep at moment. as celing makes noises like its falling in on me and we have some sort of creature up there that i can hear walking sometimes. and sometimes i hear banging for ages argh. house fires are a huge fear of mine

Em.ma
27-05-11, 00:04
It really iz making Lots of snapping sounds . Just scared it will collaspe on me. Only above my room u can hear it. Dad said loft was in different sections

Taffy
27-05-11, 09:55
Em.ma...

Have you got smoke alarms fitted in your house and are they functioning properly? I only ask as I am a Firefighter and the Fire Service do offer Home Fire Safety Visits were we will inspect your home, offer advice and if required fit smoke alarms all free of charge.

Maybe this would put your mind at rest and ease your worries about fires in your home.

If you contact your local Fire Station they can arrange this for you or alternativley your local Fire Service website will have a link were you can book one on line. If you need any assistance in doing this then let me know.

Em.ma
27-05-11, 16:26
hello. we have two smoke alarms fitted which are working :D. it helps knowing they are there but i still panic as i know things live in out loft and my ceeling makes loud noises. like its going to fall in on me.
Thank you for your help. hopefully next week dad will go look in loft for us. also worried as our cooker is gas and doesnt turn on properly and i hear bangs from the loft a lot grr. but the bangs dont occur at the same time i can hear them walking

Em.ma
27-05-11, 23:56
i cant seem to sleep tonight- heard a bang about 20 mins ago

Em.ma
28-05-11, 00:39
also in my wall near window i can hear something to . dont know to describe it though