PDA

View Full Version : How Do I take Diazepam??

wendy
19-04-06, 18:16
Hi All

I am working very hard and setting myself a lot of tasks to overcome my anxiety and panic attacks and hopefully return some normality back to my life,

I am still having bad days as to be expected and go off on one with my dying fear / depersonalisation / Heath anxiety in a big way when these days happen, I read here a lot of people take diazepam to help with these moments (or should I say hours!!) I have some 2mg diazepam tablets but have a fear of taking medication so have never taken more than a quarter at once, my question is do people here find that these tablets help? If so when do I take them, how much do I take, how long do the effects last and how will they make me feel, i.e do they cause any unwanted thoughts? I have failed on many SSRI's because of how they make me feel, are these the same??

I would like to have something to help me through these bad days and would apprecaite any feedback on this med so I can decide If this is something that may help me,

Thank you

Wendy [:X]

nomorepanic
19-04-06, 18:47
I used to take 1mg when I was acute. They work in about 20 minutes and last a few hours.

Just feel chilled and calmer nothing weird.

Some get drowsy so not advisable to drive if you do.

Nicola

clickaway
19-04-06, 19:38
Hi Wendy,

I would echo what Nicola said.

I tend to use my pack of 14 x 2mg diazepam very sparingly. I don't think a quarter is really going to have an effect on how you feel. I have taken a half on occassions and I might as well gone nowhere near the medicine cabinet!

Ray
http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

wendy
19-04-06, 20:10
Thanks Nicola and Ray

Think next time I have a bad attack I will be brave and try one as if I can elimnate / ease these days would be a huge relief and Im hoping will assist in breaking my fear cycle of next attack

Thanks again

Wendy x