PDA

View Full Version : NUMBNESS and weird feelings POST HERE!!

Johnny17
25-05-11, 19:32
I have created this thread to help anyone who is having this problem with numb/tinging/hanging/no control feelings.

My feelings of numbness/tinging is mainly the face area lips/cheeks/sometimes near the under side of my left eye but mostly happens on both sides, sometimes even my pinky/.

It comes and goes, sometimes randomly or when Im thinking about it..

PLEASE post ALL your numbness feelings and when they come and go (if
they dont) ect.

DO NOT! be afraid of a "Mini stroke" or something like that like how I was and I went to the ER in panic..im only 17

I've studied on mini strokes and I read up theres a TIME WINDOW when the sypmtoms happen (numbness ect) in around 3 hours or maybe abit more the REAL STROKE will happen, if you've had the weird feelings longer don't worry.

At the ER the doctor did a FAST check up and asked my mom about migraines and put it off as atypical migraine (can happen without or with heanpains)

Or it could be lack of vitamins, anxiety ect but more than likely anxiety.

I hope this helps people with these feelings!

xhyperyogix
25-05-11, 20:19
I used to think I had either arthritis or Raynauds. But rather belatedly realised that its another development of anxiety I hadn't considered in the 17 years I've had this thing. The numbness has only been in the last few years. Tends to be hands, or my entire left side. Very odd. I tend to ignore it. And just carry on. Makes for interesting feelings when your doing things but can't feel it xxx

monkfishjoe
27-05-11, 09:24
I too get a lot of numbness in my left side-hand, face and foot. It comes and goes, even if I don't feel anxious. It's very annoying, but I'm sure it's just another symptom of my anxiety.

AnxiousEm
28-05-11, 18:52
I have the strange tingling/numb in my face on and off over last yer, scared the proverbial out of me when it first happened. Its returned this last week but I know what it is now so I try to think its just anxiety and try to focus on something else. Its usually downtiime say evenings, just before bed or that last moment before nodding off it creeps in. Partly I think I do too much, I don't have a lot of opportunity to relax, at least that's what I say, I should make the effort to do something for me.

punkprincess19
12-06-11, 15:27
Hi, I was searching and found this post.

I've been feeling "numb" for the past week or so and it's been really scaring me! My arms feel heavy and weak and it feels like a real effort to lift them. I've also been having strange feelings in my head and face and my eyesight has gone a bit blurred. Do you think this is just anxiety? I'm having a hard time believing it at the moment :weep: x

monkfishjoe
12-06-11, 19:44
My numbness has got worse now. My leg and left arm are vibrating a lot of the time now and my left foot keeps going completely numb. Horrible.

punkprincess19
12-06-11, 19:52
My numbness has got worse now. My leg and left arm are vibrating a lot of the time now and my left foot keeps going completely numb. Horrible.

what had ur doctor said is causing it?