PDA

View Full Version : Needing some advice !

snippy
25-05-11, 20:14
Hi, I have made some fab friends on here on my journey to recovery:hugs:but I am stuck and need some advice please !!!!

I used to rush around like crazy and run everywhere like a right loony tune, i even ran into a lorry, in a panic,,,as i didnt see the dangers.

This year I have been in phsycoanaletical phsycotheraphy and my therapist tried to teach me to walk slow, which i have been doing.

Only trouble is when I walk slow I take more in and OCD re appears and I tend to walk very closely to any side I can find.

I call this my timid walk, but aware and on guard for danger!

I have recently been ding work with a str officer, (support time and recovery officer) we walk for 2 hours a week, at the mo it is isolated places.

But she has noticed my stance and my behaviour and she has said I was too timid!!!

We tried power walking and I loved it,,,the air, the pace, but also realising the pace from power walking to panic, but i over did it and swung my arms really high, which i feel comfortable about.

I like the feel of this is my space with my arms and I like the charging thing,,,,but she said I was over doing it :-(

So now Iam in a quandry,,,,how to walk confidentially!!!

How does one walk confident????? arm swing head held high? I just have no idea :-(

I do enjoy the arms pumping outstretched and this is my area !!!!

Does anyone know the answer to my question???

Please help xxx