PDA

View Full Version : been on stop smoking web sites,but only u lot will understand? please help x

bexy1970
25-05-11, 22:25
hiya,
long story(not that long) have posted before bout how i gave up smoking after my dad died a quick but horrid death from lung cancer(he didnt know he had it!!thank god!!! but neway,i developed horrendous anx after his death bout intrusive thoughts,hurting my loved ones etc,etc,which then developed into my old anx of health anxiety!neway,after citalopram working so well for me and my HA diminishing a bit i started having an odd cig which has now gone into full blown smoking again!!!:weep:..ive been to see my pharmacist today as every morn i wake up panicking but by 10 o clock im lighting up!!cancers my biggest fear in the world and now ive got to nip the fags in the bud again!!had patches today,so can i please ask u all to help me as i know one day my severe HA gonna come back and bite me on the bum coz ive been smoking and my life will be hell again for me and my 2 girls!!sorry for the rant but i needed to tell someone how im feeling..been on the niquitin website but no one has the fears i do its more about money etc,thank you for reading!!:blush: becs xx

bexy1970
25-05-11, 22:26
oh ps i quit for 3 years!!!! xx:weep:

snowgoose
25-05-11, 22:39
Hi Bexy,
so sorry to hear about your dad and the anxiety you feel now . it is horrid .

re quitting smoking .been there so many times and it is very difficult when racked with anxiety and fear to give up what we think is our crutch that helps.
we both know it doesnt :hugs:

there are two excellent stop smoking forums on the internet uk based .
the best one in my view is no smoking day forum . it will come up on google search. it has support and lots of education on how we feel while quitting and gives lots of advice on dealing with cravings and the emotional fears .

I will help all I can . cigarettes actually make anxiety worse . and now I know it is true .
take care xx

bexy1970
25-05-11, 22:47
thank you so much for replying,know it sounds daft but been on this site for so long i felt its the only place i could turn too!! xx:blush:

snowgoose
25-05-11, 22:55
Hi Bexy,

am pretty new to forum world myself :blush:............but found the no smoking forum I mentioned very friendly .lots of support from day one quitting.
educating ourselves why we feel as we do re the cig addiction .

go for it !! I am around most days to help if I can . it will be the best thing you can do for yourself .......and for your family .
crikey I could be in the guiness book of records for quits .so have a bit experience ........and no judgement :blush::blush:

but hey ...........it is very achievable with support [and lots of chocolate :D]

xxxx

bexy1970
26-05-11, 09:34
thank you!! have joined that website!!x

molkogirl
26-05-11, 17:35
Hi, I am a smoker also terrified about the health risks. I have stopped twice before but only managed 6 days, it is very difficult especially when you are already feeling tense and low from the anxiety. I have now got a stop smoking adviser and my quit day is tomorrow which i am dreading. If you ring the national helpline they can put you in touch with local services, this may help. Good luck with it, i wish you all the best.