PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety and blushing

Swansea
26-05-11, 13:12
Hi everyone, I would like to introduce myself to all of you that live close. I'm a 23 y/o guy in Swansea. I have a big history of major anxiety and social phobia. The biggest issue was blushing, I would flare up in stressful situations, even if someone just said hi in the street I would go red. Whoever goes through this will know exactly what I'm talking about so there's no need for me to go into great detail.

For some reason the past year and a half I have managed to control it and now work as a waiter which can be very stressful, hot, face to face work.

I think I have thrown myself in the deep end and got a job where communicating is the key and I have over come that barrier of dealing with everyday things when talking to people. I still go red now and then an that's not going to change. If you have a tendency to go red when bending over to pick things up off the floor or even walking fast to catch the bus then that will not go away, it's just the way your body is.

I have tried many therapies , Medication etc and it did help at re time but it was not a long term thing for me, it dealt with the extreme of my condition.

I still have a bad day where I find it hard to talk to people or I have a sudden panic but I
get more good days.

Anyway the whole reason for this post is so I can maybe meet others with the same condition. I can spot people with it easy but its not appropriate to go talk to them so I'm hoping there are others in Swansea that I can relate to. Doesn't matter whether your a girl or a guy or any age. It would be awesome to meet a guy my age with the same issues but I'm sure the chances are slim.

All inboxes are welcome.
Thanks for reading
Swansea

diane07
26-05-11, 13:14
Hi Swansea

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Vanilla Sky
26-05-11, 21:26
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

1_benny_1
30-10-11, 00:54
hey swansea im 24 and i suffer from exactly frm what u suffer from, just want to knw how u been gettin on since yr last post?i live in nz sucks we cant meet up,
have you got facebook or something?

johnno
30-10-11, 01:28
hey swansea i know this feeling i am the same as you. I tried allsorts and the only conclusion i came to was that you have to face it running away never works and in therapy we often do just that. I find eye contact mega difficult. its so weird the feeling i just cant explain it. its like when i look in someones eyes i feel my soul is stripped naked and i also feel that is what i see when looking at other people in their eyes, i can see all their insecurities and pains. I dont like it especially when i feel angry or something or i feel insecure its so difficult to make eye contact or even laugh sometimes

paulst
30-10-11, 15:11
:welcome:to the forum, glad you found us.

Swansea
24-12-11, 01:28
Hi everyone, sorry I haven't been on here for a while, iv fallen back into the blushing anxiety circle again. My life is either up or down and latley it's definatly the last. Iv sent u an email benny hope u get it. And thanks everyone. I'm sure you all know how hard it can be to live a day with these problems we all face.

Any cool guys around my age wanna chat about these issues would be good. Could do with some new friends who I can relate to.

Cheers everyone!