PDA

View Full Version : Chronic Fatigue/Anxiett/Panic - Which is the Chicken and Which is the Egg?

mtatum4496
26-05-11, 14:43
A thought occurred to me this morning and I wondered what others might think.

Since all this mess with anxiety and panic started several years ago, I've operated under the assumption that my constant lack of energy is a symptom of the anxiety disorder. But what if the fatigue was in fact one of the reasons I started having panic attacks in the first place.

It's no secret I was a complete mess when I finally found a doctor who was willing to help me. I was physically run down as well as emotionally exhausted. But I figured that would change over time and to a degree it has.

What got me to thinking is that while I am stronger in some ways, I still have very little in the way of endurance. And it seems that these days I'm more likely to experience a panic attack in the afternoons when my energy is pretty much gone.

Not that I'm knocking progress - in times past, I would wake up in the morning completely exhausted. At least now it is the afternoon, usually no earlier than three or so when the fatigue really starts to get to me. And if I am going to have any nervousness leading to a panic attack it usually comes after that time.

So what do you guys think? Could the fatigue be the reason for the attacks I have these days? Or is the fatigue a manifestation of the anxiety?

Chicken or the egg, egg or the chicken? I just don't know.

eeyorelover
26-05-11, 20:19
My anxiety zaps all of my energy and also I wonder if it could be a little depression sneaking in that causes me to be tired a lot.
I could sleep 12 hours a day and still by the end of the rest of my day, I'm exhausted!

So, for me anyway, I feel the anxiety is the cause of my fatigue.
xxx
Sandy

Jebdog
26-05-11, 20:40
I have wondered this in the past but my personal thoughts on it are that the anxiety causes the fatigue. Anxiety is such a energy sapping thing really! I'm sure if your tired in the first place it can't help much but don't think it is the defining factor in anxiety.