PDA

View Full Version : Help needed

DOM1234
26-05-11, 15:07
Hi too everyone. I really need your help at the moment as I'm really struggaling badly. Recently I've been haveing really disturbing thought about exsistance and reality. It started about two weeks ago when i was at work I was just looking around me thinking why do people do what they do and that started it all then I started thinking about how we got here do I even exsist. Past couple of days it's been horrendus I've started getting really scarey religious thoughts about does god exsist and it's been sending me in too mini panic attacks. The reason being my biggest fear is phycosis and it got me thinking does it make you delusional too belive in god or is it normal. For example if you went too the doctor and said you were hearing gods voice he would have you sectioned and medicated but if you went too a priest and said this he'd think you were gifted or something.I'm really sorry if this sounds strange this is the sort of stuff that's flying round my head at the moment and it's scareing the crap out of me.i don't hear voices bye the way it's just an example of the way I'm questioning everything at the moment.Am I going completly insane or is this just the extreme stress anxiety and depression I'm under constantly any similar storys would be so appericiated and I'm sorry if this all sounds wiered thanks

vicky23
26-05-11, 15:25
hi Dom, no it's not weird I think it's called depersonalisation or derealisation. If you type it into the search bar on this site it will bring up info on it and also other peoples threads on their experiences.
I have experienced similar things, I don't know your personal beliefs but I'm a Christian and therefore I'm used to hearing lots of things about God and I sometimes get very confused a distressed about 'is this real??' 'who can I trust? I know lots of others believe but maybe we're all wrong' etc
so you're not going mad at all, it's a perfectly normal thing to question and have doubts but when you mix that with an anxiety disorder things becomes scary and confusing
Hope it helps to know you're not alone

debs71
26-05-11, 16:24
Dom, i think this is very common with anxiety.

I had the same kind of fixation when I was really unwell with depression and anxiety. Thoughts like I was being punished by God for being a bad person, that I was 'cursed' with my illness, and totally illogical thoughts like 'what if i do something really bad and hurt someone', that kind of thing. A lot of religious based fears and thoughts and things to do with being a bad person and being punished by God. It terrified me.

I think that when we are anxious our minds just go into complete overdrive, and things that we can think logically about when we are well become insummountable when we are unwell and mentally strained.

One thing that my Dad told me, (he has suffered anxiety his whole life and had a nervous breakdown, as I did too) is that if you are questioning whether you are 'normal' or 'mad' in some way, then you clearly ARE NOT. Truly psychotic and delusional people simply don't know that they are, or question whether they are mad/going mad. That gave me a lot of comfort when I was unwell that I am not crazy, just have a very stressed mind.

You are so not alone in this.xxx:hugs:

Rhys1879SAFC
26-05-11, 22:06
Hi too everyone. I really need your help at the moment as I'm really struggaling badly. Recently I've been haveing really disturbing thought about exsistance and reality. It started about two weeks ago when i was at work I was just looking around me thinking why do people do what they do and that started it all then I started thinking about how we got here do I even exsist. Past couple of days it's been horrendus I've started getting really scarey religious thoughts about does god exsist and it's been sending me in too mini panic attacks. The reason being my biggest fear is phycosis and it got me thinking does it make you delusional too belive in god or is it normal. For example if you went too the doctor and said you were hearing gods voice he would have you sectioned and medicated but if you went too a priest and said this he'd think you were gifted or something.I'm really sorry if this sounds strange this is the sort of stuff that's flying round my head at the moment and it's scareing the crap out of me.i don't hear voices bye the way it's just an example of the way I'm questioning everything at the moment.Am I going completly insane or is this just the extreme stress anxiety and depression I'm under constantly any similar storys would be so appericiated and I'm sorry if this all sounds wiered thanks

Dom, I have the same sort of existential thoughts as you mate.

I've had a good day today, and its because I haven't given my problems much thought.

But the thoughts I usually have are "do I really exist?" & "Why was I born in England in 1992?" and even "Everyone around me is a figment of my imagination".

I think its common with anxiety to be honest mate, we'll get over it though.