PDA

View Full Version : Hello

biba
26-05-11, 17:54
Hi

I'm new to this forum, or any on-line forum in fact. I've been impressed with the support available here.

I'm 40 and have struggled with anxiety for most of my adult life (and probably before). I've been taking venlafaxine for the past 12 or 13 years and despite some quite severe episodes of more disbaling anxiety and depression have managed to remain fairly stable.

I've done all sorts of therapy to try and tackle the issue but anxiety related to sleep (being able to fall asleep) has continued to prey on me intermittently.

I recently asked my GP to prescribe a small amount of mirtazapine (7.5mg) on top of my usual 75mg venlafaxine, as this is a combination that has worked for me in the past. I've been taking it for about five and a half weeks and hoped it would be properly settled into my system. It has helped me sleep but now seems to be causing acute feelings of anxiety during the day that do not seem to be abating. I know this is considered a powerful combination of meds and I'm worried it's not going to pass.

I'm sorry to launch into a big exposition about medication in my first post but what I'm feeling at the moment is really horrible but I do not feel confident to come off because of my sleep anxiety! Feel trapped.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Best wishes

Biba

diane07
26-05-11, 17:56
Hi biba

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.