PDA

View Full Version : Hello - Bit of Background

Crunchiehair
26-05-11, 18:38
Hello fellow sufferers,

I seem to have worried all my life on and off. I have seen a psychologist and psychiatrist for my sick phobia and various counsellors for my general anxiety and panic attacks. Been on anti-depressants since 1997.

I've become increasingly more anxious again over the past few months with it being unbearable during recent weeks. I've also started having panic attacks again after almost 20 years.

:scared15:

diane07
26-05-11, 18:39
Hi Crunchiehair

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

biba
26-05-11, 19:33
Hi Crunchiechair

I've just joined this forum. I've had similarly troublesome anxiety most of my life. Am also going though difficult anxiety episode at the moment. I always become preoccupied with medication and getting it right when I'm struggling. Not helping at present. What has worked for you in the past?

Biba

Vanilla Sky
26-05-11, 21:24
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

Crunchiehair
27-05-11, 11:11
I did find counselling worked in the past but that coincided with giving up work (for three years). I'm seeing a counsellor through work next week, so hoping it helps.

I am so anxious at the moment, it's not helped by knowing the tummy bug is around here and I'm terrified of getting it. My daughter is a teacher and it seems half the kids in the school have it. I don't want her to come to my house in case she's carrying it. How mean does that sound!!! I know my current acute anxiety is making this phobia worse, which makes my anxiety worse etc. etc.....

Merewyn
29-05-11, 00:45
Hi,
Seems a lot of us going through a bad time at the minute.
Your anxiety just seems to be fixiating on the tummy bug..sure that you know this, and don't need me to tell you!
Sending hugs xx