PDA

View Full Version : On the brink!

eeyorelover
26-05-11, 20:15
I've gotten a handle (for the most part) on my panic attacks. I can tell when I'm anxious and can talk myself down enough that I normally don't go into full blown attacks BUT TODAY I'm having a horrible time!
Typing is even hard..my mind is cloudy...and I can feel myself on the verge of a full on heart racing panic attack!
I have to take my dog Gypsy to a new vet. Never met them and of course with my SA that is freaking me out! Not to mention the fact that she acts like a bratty child with me and only minds well with my husband, who is at work and won't be going with me!

That being said, I'M NOT canceling or rescheduling! I have learned that avoidance is my enemy and doesn't solve a damn thing!

So I'm going! TAKE YOUR BEST SHOT PANIC! YOU AIN'T GONNA WIN!
I've made it thru feeling like this before and I will this time and the next and the next so KISS MY LILY WHITE VERTICAL SMILE! ;)

Now to go have a mini breakdown, pick myself up, and move on with what must be done!
JFDI
xxx
Sandy

bottleblond
26-05-11, 20:55
Sandy

I felt the exact same way when i had to go to a new doctor yesterday. I felt on the verge of panic the whole morning. Luckily i did have someone to go with me and i didn't have to take my silly pooch with me. I DID make it through and so will you.

Good luck and let us know how you get on

:hugs:

Loads a love
Lisa
xxx

eeyorelover
27-05-11, 00:14
Thanks Lisa!
I made it fine!
The staff at the vets were super nice.
My dog was pulling and I kept apologizing and finally the vet said "She's fine MOM!! Don't worry so much!!!"
I then calmed down and it went ok.
Gypsy has to have surgery Tuesday morning for a hematoma on her ear but it sounds worse than it is!
Basically they are going to drain it and stitch it but she will be there about 5 hours!
Don't know how I'm gonna make it thru that without crying like an idiot ;)
xxx
Sandy

nomorepanic
27-05-11, 00:17
Aww Sandy

You JFDI'd it - well done mate

blue moon
27-05-11, 00:22
Hi Sandy
I am hoping your dog gypsy is feel better,and you to.Send you some hugs and love
Petra x:hugs::flowers:

eeyorelover
27-05-11, 04:57
Thanks Petra and Nic!
I was rather proud of myself altho it seems silly to be proud of being able to take the dog to the dang vet when I've been able to go back to almost everything I avoided when my panic was in full effect everyday (except driving- that still has the better of me!!!!) but I have to view it as a success anyway ;)
xxx
Sandy

ames
27-05-11, 17:54
Sandy
I keep reading your first post to get me through going out. I am at the beginning of my recovery from a nervous breakdown and the last thing I need to tackle is the anxiousness about going out. Your post makes me laugh, and I love it. Thanks. Xx

eeyorelover
27-05-11, 21:38
Thanks Ames!
Hang in there hun! It does get easier!!!
xxx
Sandy

diane07
27-05-11, 21:43
Sandy :yesyes:

Well done you mate, only just seen this thread, you did fantastic.

Hope gypsy's surgery goes well and hope she has a speedy recovery.

di xxx

xJust_Sarahx
28-05-11, 20:13
Hi
i feel exactly the same, i hve been so used to avoiding situations and just letting my partner do things so i can stay in my comfort zone! But having 3 kids and well my 3 year old has just started nursery.. i cant do anything else but push my self! im 23 i want to be independant and do things that "normal" parents do. I hate relying on anyone. So iv learned to just challenge myself, i think of my kids and say im doing it for them and that helps me through a lot. When i have achieved something that i thought was so hard to do i have a sigh of relief and proud of myself that it makes me want to do it more.