PDA

View Full Version : Is intergestion a symptom of panic?

Rennie1989
29-03-04, 21:12
For a while no everytime i am panicing or just about to have a panci attack i always get intergestion. is it a sign of panic?????

or

it could be what im eating, i donno, do u????

Scooter Girl

sarah
29-03-04, 21:15
Hiya Jade

Ive never suffered with indigestion in my life but since I started panicking I have had a few bouts of it. Im guessing it might have something to do with it but although its uncomfortable it wont harm you so I just have a bit of 'Gaviscon' and it goes away.

love Sarah
xx

nomorepanic
29-03-04, 21:19
I get a lot of indigestion Jade.

Alka-seltzer works well for me and gallons of milk!

Nicola

Rennie1989
29-03-04, 21:22
iv had it loads of times in my life but it occurs more when im panicing, plus eating quickly, lol

Scooter Girl

nomorepanic
29-03-04, 21:32
Yeah Jade

eat slowly and chew more and avoid acidy foods and spicy ones - curries etc.

It could be trapped wind as well.

Nicola

Meg
29-03-04, 22:23
Drink something fizzy and have a good burp. It relieves a lot of pain and any nausea.

Meg

stimpy
30-03-04, 01:41
I hate indigestion.
Especially when it gets so bad it feels like a knife going right through to your back.
I've had moments of it when no indigestion tablets or mix will go anywhere near shifting it and the only way of getting shot of it was to make myself sick.

Apparently sitting up straight while you eat, eating very small amounts often and avoiding foods you know can set it off, helps

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx

[:p] Panic Monster & Scatty Eccentric

CHICKEN
30-03-04, 10:05
quote:Originally posted by Scooter Girl

For a while no everytime i am panicing or just about to have a panci attack i always get intergestion. is it a sign of panic?????

or

it could be what im eating, i donno, do u????

Scooter Girl

CHICKEN
30-03-04, 10:19
Sorry pressed the wrong button before.

I have suffered from very bad indegestion for years since the birth of my son and since I have had anxiety it got a lot worse but calms down when I have a good period - have had camera put down throat to check to see if everything alright and it was - docotrs have told me that stressful situations and axiety contributes to it and will make things worse.

I find that Gaviscone helps me - and eating food slowly and eat well before you go to bed at least 3-4 hrs no later - as for fizzy drinks that will aleviate the wind but probably make the indegestion worse. Try also to avoid caffenie or reduce your intake during the day.

Hope you get better

Thansk

Karen

Jules31
31-03-04, 10:21
I have found that I've been getting lots of trapped wind in my chest and indigestion. Sometimes it's so bad it feels like someone is sitting on my chest and I can't breathe. I usually find that a hot drink or something fizzy helps move it. It can go on for days at a time though
Jules

J Swift
09-04-04, 12:28
I've had chronic indigestion since about september - Lots of uncomfortable trapped air in the chest, heartburn, unusual amounts of belching - I kind of thought it could be the early signs of some serious digestive problem, seeing as it hadn't gone away.

Anyway, I read on the internet not long ago that it's a classic anxiety symptom - You subconsiously start swallowing air whenever you breathe in - And in almost every case people think they've got serious digestive problems.

After reading that it pretty much went away!

http://www.diagnosishealth.com/discussion1/belching.htm (there was a much better link than this the other day, but I couldn't find it - This one has a brief bit about how anxiety causes belching and trapped wind)

See this too: (about chronic hyperventilation - also accossiated with swallowing air - explains almost every anxiety symptom I've ever had)
http://www.erzo.org/~kimberly/health/HVS/

The cure: (already linked this site, but the exercises at the bottom have been so helpful to me for all of this!)
http://www.nexusmagazine.com/Buteyko.html