PDA

View Full Version : Hi :(

dreday
27-05-11, 00:27
I drink more than your average person and smoke aswell, a lately me heart has started beating faster and i notice it and start getting woried then find my self pacing around thinking im going to die... the more i think the worse it gets. its usually after a night out or after having a ciggerate, please help me is this panic or is it more serious :(

diane07
27-05-11, 00:30
Hi dreday

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

dreday
27-05-11, 00:31
thank you, im just woried is this panic attacks or heart problems?

eeyorelover
27-05-11, 00:41
Have you been to a doc?
I have had racing heartbeat LOADS of times and went to the ER a lot when my anxiety first started swearing I was having a heart attack each and every time.

Alcohol is a depressant and can numb anxiety feeling while you are under the influence but when it wears off you can feel worse because not only is your body trying to process the overload of alcohol but the anxiety is still there.
xxx
Sandy

dreday
27-05-11, 00:51
Thank you, to tell you the truth i came on here while i was panicing, just as a reassurance. But from what i have read calmed me down and feel loads better now. Im going to go to the doctors tomorrow to see what he thinks to see if its panic attacks. Thanks for all your help and ill see you around the forums :)