PDA

View Full Version : Pain above and below eye

Hopefulmi
27-05-11, 13:59
Just when I get my anxiety under control something always comes back.

I have been experiencing pain just above my right eye, round the brow bone and this morning, I had a weird ache right around the eye, which has now just gone back to about the eye again. It sometimes comes with head pains on that side. The thing is, I don't have any other sinus symptoms so don't think it is that. Any ideas?

Taffy
27-05-11, 15:23
I had exactly the same symptoms a few weeks ago and am still getting them now a bit. Its all down to anxiety and muscle tension. Even though you probably dont realise it the muscles in your neck and upper back are tense. This will give you refered pain up the neck, around and sometimes in the ear and pain above and behind the eye and temple area.

I didnt have any sinus problems either. Try to relax (easier said than done I know!)have a hot bath and hopefully the tension and headache will ease off. :winks:

Hopefulmi
27-05-11, 16:03
Thanks. It always freaks me out, especially as my neck doesn't hurt. It's a vicious cycle this anxiety malarkey. I've taken paracetamol but it hasn't worked, I feel so low all the time from dealing with this constant fear.

Taffy
27-05-11, 16:41
Trust me, its all down to tension. You may also have nausea and dizziness...I did!

Have a look at the link below

http://www.frequent-headaches.com/cervicogenic_headache_symptoms_exposed.html

Hopefulmi
27-05-11, 16:47
Thanks so much x