PDA

View Full Version : exhaustion and tingling is back

rtb
27-05-11, 18:41
I really felt i was getting better...I've been on citalopram a few months now and although i was getting spells of fatigue i generally felt like myself again.

I went to the neurologist last Friday (after months of waiting) and he seemed pretty confident i didn't have ms or a tumour (no mri though :/) . Anyway, this Monday i woke up absolutely shattered, more tired than I'd felt in a long time...unfortunately this hasn't let up all week and I've been experiencing head tingling/itching . i just don't know what to do now...ive upped my cit dose to 40mg (since tues) and really hope its going to help, but as the neurologist thing has hit a dead end i feel as though im out of options if it doesn't !

I don't understand how this could be anxiety if i don't feel anxious about anything? Apart from this my life is great and i generally feel relaxed. Can anyone help? Why am i so so tired??

I used to get panic attacks but they've stopped now, all other test (e.g. bloods) have come back fine. im at a complete loss.

patmdoyle
28-05-11, 15:53
Hi
I'm new to this website but have just read your post and want to reassure you that I have similar symptoms to you and have seen 2 neurologists who ruled out MS ann other nasties but although I felt a bit better after seeing the first guy I wasn't convinced till I asked for a second opinion and insisted on an MRI which came back showing nerve damage in my neck and spine quite unrelated to my symptoms. Apart from tingling in my hands and other parts of my body I am still exhausted a lot of the time and have painful joints. The second neurologist diagnosed chronic fatigue syndrome but I am still a bit dubious. It is very hard to be convinced when you still feel bad isn't it? Anyway hope it helps knowing someone else has similar and I too am on Citalopran. They made me really nauseous when I first went on the and spaced out which didn't help matters. Feel free to e-mail me if you want.

mary jane
08-10-16, 21:39
sorry to revive an old thread but the nerve damage sounds scary! I hope you both found a resolution for your symptoms