PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety affecting only one side?

Hubert
28-05-11, 09:40
Hi guys!

Hi, I am 29 and fighting with weird symptoms, 2 months ago i experienced panick attack.
next day i noticed that my left leg and arm feel bit weird, like weak, tingling or warm, its difficult to discribe, on and off and than I would get very achy muscles, like i did a work out for that one muscle and than chest pain fallowed. so next day i went to ER, thinking there is something with my heart or i have mini stroke. Doctor run quick ECG, checked my temperature and did a physical test on my arm and leg. he told me it was anxiety, nothing more. Since than I experienced chest pain(thinking heart problems), IBS (thinking is colon cancer), stomach palpitations (thinking is abdominal aortic aneurysm)
I had a 3 EKG since than, had complete blood work, a stress test(on treadmill). Everything come back good (apart from my vitamin d, its very low) I went to my doctor at least 4 times, I also went to ER twice in past two months. every doctor told me it is a panic attack or anxiety. I noticed that I freak out alot wiyh all the symtoms I had and I also worry alot. Now I got new one! my left side got bit worse last saturday, since than i feel weak and get dizzy spells for like 3 hours mid day every day. So I went to my doctor again and explained the whole thing and he is refering me for a TIA Assessment (mini stroke) I am so freaked out, I just want my life back,feel so miserable. Is there anyone with such symptoms?

Greenman50
28-05-11, 09:56
Hi mate

I can,t relate to the above , but you have had all the tests and checks done and they have come back fine , so will the test you are waiting for .

I had all sorts of symtoms like neck pain , arm pain , burning skin and it was hard to beilieve it was all anxiety . Mine now hits my stomach and swallowing but i know at last its nothing to worry about and now it is slowly getting there .
Go with the DR,s diagnosis , go for long walks , plenty of exercise and i,m sure you will slowly feel back to normal . One thing i,m sure of is it all takes time to get better but the first step is believeing the professionals or we end up in a circle of doubt we can,t get out of .
Hope you feel better soon mate .:yesyes:

hannah26
31-05-11, 00:31
Hello Hubert,

I can totally relate, when I first started having panic attacks and anxiety, my left arm went numb it lasted for about 3 weeks and I was scared to pick anything up because it felt like I couldnt although I absoloutely could.
It is a symptom that feels so weird but I am sure it is just that!!

Hannah x

oldtime
31-05-11, 11:35
My physical anxiety symptoms affect only my left hand side. I can go for a walk and feel my entire left hand side go tight, numb or achy. It is makes no sense, is weird, unpleasant and sometimes scary. Try Yoga, it does seem to help and reduces the symptoms, as does meditation and walking regularly. Take care and try to accept the odd feelings you have in your body.