PDA

View Full Version : Raw meat - urgent responce needed

miss_moose
28-05-11, 17:20
My partner has started making our tea, he opened the raw pork sausages packet, touched the raw sausages, cut them with scissors, then put the scissors on top of our frozen chips!

1. WIll those chips be ok to eat after having those scissors with the pork sausage germs on them?

2. He's cooking them on the same oven tray with a little 1cm foil "Wall" to protect the chips from the sausage.

Also, the sausage packet, which has been touched all over with the sausage germs on his hands is now in the fridge (as it has sausages still in it) propped up against the orange juice and dolmio sauce!

I am now freaking out about all kinds of germs in the fridge and on the orange juice bottle and sauce.

Will they be ok and is tea safe to eat?

Thank you

AlexandriaUK
28-05-11, 17:25
I am a chef, took all the health and hygiene courses and yes I would eat them and enjoy, just put the other sausages into a tuperware dish and back in the fridge, and if it makes you feel better wipe the bottles.

miss_moose
28-05-11, 17:27
phew! So it doesnt matter if raw sausage touches raw chips?

Would you say we should wash our hands after touching the orange juice and dolmoi bottles the sausages are propped up against or chuck them out?

thank you so much xx

AlexandriaUK
28-05-11, 17:32
phew! So it doesnt matter if raw sausage touches raw chips?

Would you say we should wash our hands after touching the orange juice and dolmoi bottles the sausages are propped up against or chuck them out?

thank you so much xx

I wouldnt imagine it will have a great deal of effect as you are bringing them both up to a very hot temp to cook them, yes wash hands and as I said put sausage in a container and then wipe bottles and it will be fine, No dont chuck them out just eat before use by date, can I have some LOL

miss_moose
28-05-11, 17:34
We dont have a tupperware box, and he'll not buy one.
He's so angry with me at the moment because he doesnt think he's done anything wrong and he just thinks it's all about my OCD.
Thank you so much x

AlexandriaUK
28-05-11, 17:40
If you havent got tupperware boxes wash marge tubs after use and use them they are free and good to use, as for him being mad at you because you are worried, you have to remember our partners dont think and feel the same as we do.
Your OCD is an illness the same as if he breaks a leg playing footy etc but you will I am sure get better over time.
Have you eaten your tea???

miss_moose
28-05-11, 18:43
Yes i've eaten it, it was Yum:yesyes:

I apologised to him for freaking out over the chips and sausages, and explained why I'd got so worried.
Then I told him that he also should apologise because my worries over him putting them into the fridge propped up against bottles were founded, and he said he was sorry and he'll clean it out.

miss_moose
28-05-11, 22:37
He said he's "wiped" where the sausages were with washing up liquid (I thought he'd use Detol) and not even done the whole shelf, and he's put the orange juice back in the fridge.

Is that really enough for it to be clean and ok in there now?

Because I was under the impression that germs like that spread, not just stay on 1 place.
He also says theres no danger because the sausage meat is in a skin so he's not actually touching any raw meat.

xfilme
29-05-11, 07:40
the sausage skin doesnt not protect you from raw meat. saw sausages ARE raw meat. the stuff in the fridge will be ok so long as they havent been touching other food, but i would clean the area anyway. the germs are pretty unlikely to spead in the fridge due to the cool temperature, but ALL raw food should be kept ina container etc and all implements washed that have been in contact along with any surfaces. the food in the oven will be fine as its being cooked.

Rachel W
29-05-11, 19:29
As mentioned above it is fine to cook the chips and sausages together, as they are being 'treated with the same temperatures. In fact my mum used to cook bacon on top of oven chips and it made the chips really crispy and extra yummy. Same with sausages. Just think of sausage rolls; this is pastry and sausage being cooked together. I would also wipe the other containers, just to make sure. This is why it is good to put the remaining sausages in another container and wash hands before closing it to ensure that germs are inside not outside. Then again my sister is a chef and she used to eat raw pork sausages (NOT a good idea, probably the worst thing you can do), but she was even fine after that.