PDA

View Full Version : chronic illnesses=health anxiety

monkee_monk4
28-05-11, 22:10
i have 3 major chronic illnesses that cause me health anxiety.they are:intracranial hypertension(since 15),diabetes,epilepsy(several kinds)and then i have many others.if it isn't one thing it's another.i'm disabled but i work 24/7 taking care of myself.i have anxiety though even if i'm not aware of it trying to outsmart the next symptom,or illness,or did i eat,take my meds,insulin.exercise enough today,and i think the support groups may add to the anxiety at times because i hear so much negative.i try to think positive so many are new to the illness think it won't get better,it might not but they have more sometimes than i do.i get upset.because i feel bad getting angry i'm not jealous just wanna say look what u got.

Hopefulmi
29-05-11, 10:51
I totally get what you are saying but people have a multitude of reasons for health anxiety. For example, my newborn daughter died of a genetic disease 4 months ago and I had a very turbulent pregnancy. I can't control my health anxiety just because I am not chronically ill because it is part of my traumatic experience, caused by grief for Ellie. I watched that baby suffer in a way babies never should, with tiny lungs, an enlarged heart and kidneys, etc, not to mention that my epidural didn't work and I felt 99% of my C section surgery....pretty horrific. So, each person has their reasons even if not everybody is as bad of as you.

I know what you mean though. Every day I want to slap people who whinge about their kids, and think, why me and why my child, she had a family who wanted her so much. But it's life I suppose x