PDA

View Full Version : Looking forward to a positive anxiety outcomes...

Cali54321
29-05-11, 02:17
I just wanted to share aka vent my rationalization for my HA. I'm mostly afraid of cancer, in particular skin cancer...but as I work on coping I think what I'm really afraid of is dying...it has nothing to do with the way it occurs...that's just me focusing in on one way...

I'm not afraid of the act of dying, I'm afraid of an unfinished life or being forgotten, and the unknown...not being a religious person I'd like to look at death as an unknown, I can't say one way or the other what happens after we die, and I like it that way...it's more about what I'd be leaving behind...

I can imagine this to an extreme and feel a great sense of dread when thinking about it, I'm sure when actually faced with our own death the emotions are quite different...

Maybe it's morbid thinking to picture your own death, and maybe it's death anxiety...all I know is that the anxiety over my future health or death is taking away from me living today....

The best part is knowing that I can overcome this, it'll take time, therapy, this site, and some meds along the way, but I am looking forward to a life without anxiety...it sounds like a wonderful way to spend the future!

:yesyes:

Hopefulmi
29-05-11, 10:32
I totally know what you mean. It's the worry of not achieving your dreams and living a long life before you go that gets me. I think I am starting to get to be OK though, very very slowly x