PDA

View Full Version : type of person you are

sarahblonde32
29-05-11, 11:01
Hi all,
I have been trying to establish how and why my anxety...if thats what it is....started or came from...does anyone know??
I have never been a particularly 'anxious' person, maybe a bit of a worrier and a stress head, but i seem to be a 'fast' person, i am very slim and have a fast metabolism, so everything works fast, i think fast, i drive fast, i walk fast and seem to buzz about, and find it difficult to switch off sometimes, then i can burn out and feel tired...i wonder whether my body triggered this in some way...

now i need to slow myself down somehow...are there any over the counter things i can buy...i dont want to be drowsy...just slow down!

???
sarahx

Paul30
29-05-11, 11:23
Sounds like you need to give yourself some downtime. While it's good to occupy your mind, to much of something can be a bad thing. Try and give yourself a couple of hours - atleast - at the end of each day where you do completely nothing.

paula lynne
29-05-11, 13:08
There are 2 types of personality according to "scholars"...type A and type B.....A is anxious, nervous, excitable, stressed, doesnt need a lot of sleep, loud, life and soul of the party..........type B is calmer, a thinker, needs a lot of sleep, isnt motivated, is loving but emotional......I think we are a mix of both to be honest. To put people in a certain "box" is just labelling them.........it doesnt matter if you are a or b, you can control your brain into slowing down by using breathing techniques and positive self talk......so much out there on the internet. I think we all want to slow down when the "chatterbox" takes over, I recommend Susan Jeffers.x

sarahblonde32
30-05-11, 15:48
yes im definately a mix of the 2 types of personality, im excitable, a stress head, a drama queen, im not motivated, i can be lazy, i try breathing...and self talk...but sometimes i cant control the 'flitting' about side of me!then suddenly at the weekend i burn out....!
i might try susan jeffers..
thanks
sarah

Laneybc
30-05-11, 19:04
I am probably the complete opposite. I am heavy, move slower, talk slower, etc. I sometimes think I do this in an attempt to control the anxiety. I would say I am much more Type B than A. Bottom line though, we all suffer from anxiety. Have you tried meditation to slow you down a bit? I wouldn't want to try drugs as a first choice myself.
Best wishes!

sarahblonde32
31-05-11, 10:37
No... dont want meds...!last resort though!