PDA

View Full Version : duloxetine

bomberbeamish
29-05-11, 19:40
i take 120mg of duloxetine 60mg morn and night,, well at docs the other day and he asked if i was depressed i said i dunno,, dont feel it, so we decided to cut the night time one, its been a week and all is ok,, ive been on anti d"s for 14 years you name it ive been on it, so it be instresting to see if any change for the better will happen,, as always i will keep this post going for a little while to update you all .

kibbutz83
29-05-11, 21:00
Hi I just wanted to say isn't that rather a lot of diazepam you're taking? Just wondering how long you've been taking it? Hasn't your gp discussed getting you off it? Good luck

ElizabethJane
29-05-11, 21:34
Hi I just wanted to say isn't that rather a lot of diazepam you're taking? Just wondering how long you've been taking it? Hasn't your gp discussed getting you off it? Good luck
I think that the dose of diazepan than Bomber takes is between her and her GP. I imagine that it would be a really bad day if you needed 5mg three times a day? What is right for one patient would not be right for another? To interfere with this is very wrong and not helping Bomber to get well again. EJ. Good luck with reduction of duloxetine Bomber.

haz
30-05-11, 01:08
I think that the dose of diazepan than Bomber takes is between her and her GP. I imagine that it would be a really bad day if you needed 5mg three times a day? What is right for one patient would not be right for another? To interfere with this is very wrong and not helping Bomber to get well again. EJ. Good luck with reduction of duloxetine Bomber.

I agree. x

bomberbeamish
30-05-11, 09:56
hey its ok ,,well i used to take 2xdiazipam 4 times aday,, but as its says i take as and when needed,, i can take up to 3 aday when trying to go out as im agroaphobic, but some days i dont take it at all now ,, so i will change my signature,, :),,, i dont mind people expressing consern, xx

bomberbeamish
06-06-11, 07:33
Hi guys, just a little update.
Well ive noticed i got terrible irritable legs especially at nite which is driving me mad, apart from that im ok, i think :-)

bomberbeamish
07-06-11, 04:20
Not doing so good now,, yesterday got worse,, i hurt all over im crying alot,, i feel confused,, i dont wanna be on my own,, havnt felt lik that for a long while, its been two weeks i was ok,, i wasnt even worride about the reduction of these,,

bomberbeamish
07-06-11, 07:55
Well i feel terrible,, im going to have to call doctors today,, i feel i gone back to when i was really ill,, this anit good, i feel desperate,, im scared,,

bomberbeamish
12-06-11, 11:34
well things got worse and i saw the doc,, i couldnt handle feeling like this so he put me back on my night dose,,, and thats that

anne
12-06-11, 17:04
Hi there I take duloxatine too and I wondered how long have you taken it?
Ive taken it for 2 - 3years and want to come off it or change meds as I still have the same old problems. Do you have any side effcts?
Have you managed to reduce it yet? I know they make a 30mg tablet you could swap for the 60 at night

DanielJUK
14-06-11, 13:49
Hi I have just been prescribed Duloxetine today. The Dr said to me that you can't compare mg for mg of different medicines because for some 1mg is a massive dose (eg morphine) and in others 100mg is massive. I used to be on Cipramil some years ago where the standard dose is about 20 to 40mg but you can get to 100mg in severe cases. you normally go on 5 or 10mg to go on it. Anyway he said to me that 30mg is the low dose of Duloxetine. let's see how it goes its supposed to have far less bad side effects than some of the older SSRI's and hoping it reduces my anxiety and some of the symptoms of it :)