PDA

View Full Version : Getting worried about my headache and symptoms

cheesy pete
29-05-11, 20:05
Hi,

I'm going to sound stupid but in the last two weeks i have had a low level headache and it is now starting to worry me. Everything tells me it is probably sinus related (achy eyes, pain across temples, ears wanting to pop and feel pressure) but it won't seem to go away. Started taking hayfever medication a couple of weeks ago and seemed to work for a while but headache came back a week ago. Trying steam inhalation which helps short term, but longer term very low level headache is there most of the time - anyone experienced the same?

AnxiousEm
29-05-11, 21:23
Yes me..I'm putting it down to a 'wonderful' new symptom of anxiety.

I had a sinus infection at xmas and it was the worst I have been in 'true' (and by that I mean that it was something treated with antibiotics and not some thing that the anxiety had conjured up for me) illness way for a long long time.

I know what you mean, its kind of poundy not blocked nose but feels kind of tight? Steaming is good for the sinus and nasal passages anyway and doing it with menthol clears the muzzy head too.

Sometimes I think its like once you know an anxiety symptom and you can ignore it and make it go away your mind/anxiety conjures up some other wierd thing instead to replace it and make us worry more.

AnxiousEm
29-05-11, 21:24
Yes me..I'm putting it down to a 'wonderful' new symptom of anxiety.

I had a sinus infection at xmas and it was the worst I have been in 'true' (and by that I mean that it was something treated with antibiotics and not some thing that the anxiety had conjured up for me) illness way for a long long time.

I know what you mean, its kind of poundy not blocked nose but feels kind of tight? Steaming is good for the sinus and nasal passages anyway and doing it with menthol clears the muzzy head too.

Sometimes I think its like once you know an anxiety symptom and you can ignore it and make it go away your mind/anxiety conjures up some other wierd thing instead to replace it and make us worry more.

AnxiousEm
29-05-11, 21:28
Apols for some reason I keep managing to post things twice today!

cheesy pete
30-05-11, 00:01
Thanks very much for the response Em. That's one of the joys of anxiety i suppose, it seems to manifest itself in different ways all the time. Just wish i can feel normal for a long period.

cheesy pete
09-06-11, 18:57
Really freaked out today in the office. Went to walk-in surgery 10 days ago and advised that it might be a blocked eustachian tube causing my problems. Had real balance problems today during a meeting which freaked me out. Head pressure causing me to get really worried as to what this is. Keep thinking it could be a brain tumour and that really does help. It's like all the fluid build up behind the ear drums keeps moving from one side of my head to another and it's driving me mad. Can't foucs or concentrate on anything. Anyone else out there had eustachian tube problems?