PDA

View Full Version : New Member - really nervous :-/

cutehippo
29-05-11, 21:45
Hiya.

I have been looking on this site or a few days and decided to join. I am at my wits end and just want to feel 'normal' again!

I split up with my boyfriend a couple of months ago after nearly 13 years, and have been finding it hard to cope. He has quickly moved on and I just feel lost. I have been taking Fluoxetine 20 mg for about 6 weeks with very little effect, so went back to gp and now on 40 mg. How long does it take for the meds to start to work?

I work in a busy gp surgery as a receptionist and just feel like I'm on auto-pilot, going through the motions, and when I come home, I just can't be bothered to do anything, and I used to be such a tidy person...haven"t picked up a duster in weeks!

Sorry to go on, just need to talk to people with similar experiences, hate feeling like this :(

diane07
29-05-11, 21:52
Hi cutehippo

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

bottleblond
29-05-11, 22:06
Hey Hippo

Welcome along to NMP. :flowers:

Even without the added anxiety, the situation you are in is really stressfull and depressing but normal under the circumstances. I have been there and know exactly how you feel. :hugs:

Unfortunately, these medications do take a wee while to get into your system. Plus the added preasure of your relationship ending with make it feel alot worse.

Force yourself to do things you would normally do, ie: see friends, go out for drinks. The more you do it the more it will all become natural to you again. It does take time but i promise you, it does get alot better.

Take care

Lisa
xx
:bighug1:

Vanilla Sky
30-05-11, 11:47
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x