PDA

View Full Version : Could really use some help!

JayDeee
29-05-11, 23:53
Hi all, I'm feeling really anxious right now and could really do with some help! About 8 weeks ago I was invited to a party (a party that is tomorrow night) and for the past 8 weeks I have been torturing myself about it, one minute I'm going, the next I'm not. I've been running through scenarios in my head and I just don't know what to do! I really want to make the effort and just force myself to go as I don't want to let the girl down as she has been a really good friend to me in the past but she doesn't know my situation & I'm embarrased to tell her. Deep down all I want is to be normal and be able to go to this party like everyone else without being a nervous reck and being physically ill! I want to be able to relax and enjoy it & enjoy my teenage years, I just don't know what to do I'm really miserable right now please help! All advice welcome, thanks in advance

Chem
30-05-11, 00:21
Hi. When I have to go out, I lay all my things ready. When it's time, I take a deep breath, put them on and go - no looking back.

Anticipatory anxiety is awful. Don't forget, everyone laughing and smiling at the party will have their own worries and concerns they're hiding too.

I hope you have a really good time.

MardyBum
30-05-11, 00:40
Hiya,
I understand your feelings. I have a christning to go to next month and im working myself up about it already. The thing I keep telling myself is to go.. you can always leave if you feel that uncomfy. You might find that once you get there you are able to relax a little. it was small steps like that that got me back on the road last time... if you go and set yourself some time... i used to say I will go for half an hour... and would take it hald an hour at a time rather then seeing a full night...

hope that helps and you manage to make some of the party xx

Laneybc
30-05-11, 03:39
I'd just second what the others said. I plan to go for a little bit and tell myself I can always leave. I make sure ahead of time that I have a way to get home on my own if necessary and I usually end up staying longer than I thought I would.