PDA

View Full Version : Heart problems...would you know forsure?

looking4answers
30-05-11, 06:08
Hi I was curious. I have been worried about heart problems my entire life but got to thinking about it and wanted to know if you dont have the following symptoms or those that are considered symptoms of heart problems then would you likely have heart problems?

I dont have swollen legs or feet or blue fingernails or toe nails. I seem to have a normal pink color to my skin.I dont have dizziness or nausea or shortness of breath. I do however have skiping heart beats occassionally but seem to be caused by gas because when the gas is gone the missed beats are to. My pulse stays at around 65 to 70 and goes up to about 110. when im up walking around but seems to level off after I have been walking a bit. I hsve checked the symptoms for all heart problems and dont really have any with the exception of skipped heartbeats that I have had off and on all my life.My last ekg was taken longer than normal and the doctor said it was perfect so wouldnt it be safe to say I probally dont have heart problems or can you have serious heart issues and not know it. Thanks in advance for you answers.

macc noodle
30-05-11, 08:20
I think that you have answered your own question there with your post.

You are perfectly healthy and the tests you have had show you heart to be in good condition.

Of course, there is always a very remote possibility that we are walking round with an underlying heart condition that has not been detected but I would think this highly unlilkely in your case as you appear to be very vigilant with your heart health.

Please don't worry :)

Phwoffy
06-06-11, 20:58
Hi,
A few years my Dad was diagnosed with angina and had two stents put in - he was rushed into hospital with chest pains which led to this diagnosis. However, in the run up to this we all suspected something. Being stubborn, he refused to go to the doctor and we weren't in the position to drag him there unfortunately! He had a lot of twinges in his chest and shortness of breath; he would be worn out walking down stairs in the morning - in fact, as soon as he'd woken up he'd want to go back to sleep. In short, he was a bit of a mess.

Of course I can't speak for everyone who has had experiences with heart problems but from what I know, someone in the health that you've described is very very unlikely to be suffering from an underlying problem like this. It sounds like you're a pretty healthy person. I hope you can stop worrying about this soon.

sarah5string
06-06-11, 21:28
If it helps at all I started having panic attacks in my teens and around the same time suffered palpitations, chest pains, tightness and all sorts. I had all manner of heart tests and they discovered I had a resting heart rate in the day of around 120, and at night it would be normal! I'm 26 now and have lost count of the number of ECGs etc I've had and they've never found anything. I still get palpitations and racing heart rate, and I've come to the eventual conclusion that this is a direct result of general anxiety and panic attacks.