PDA

View Full Version : new to the site

scott26
30-05-11, 10:38
hi

my names scott im 28 and have been suffering with depression and intrucive thoughts. Ive been really struggeling to deal with this and only found this site by acident. After having a little look at some of the posts it made me feel alot better about myself and made me feel not alone. At first i couldnt stop breaking down and had a couple off horrible thoughts.I thought i was just being silly at first and just need d to pick myself up. but i couldn't,, the thoughts got worse the more i tried not to think, it felt like i was falling down a black hole.I really needed to talk to someone(but how can you say some of these things) so i turned to my mum. After talking to my mum and she was worried and told me i really should go see the doctor.I didnt want to go as thought i was going to be taken away from my family. got put on prozac witch turned me upside down. i couldnt stop crying, thought my heart was going to pop out of my chest. my mind felt like it was out of control and i couldn't put the brakes on. went back to the doctors and they changed my medication to citelopram. this helped calm me down but was really struggeling with some horrible thoughts that i couldn't even say to anyone. the thoughts made me want to just end my life. but i didnt want to as have a beautiful wife and 2 great kids. ive had some cbt and it really helped but i still have really down days for no reason.wanted to know how other people deal with the same thing?

nomorepanic
30-05-11, 10:40
Hi scott26

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Vanilla Sky
30-05-11, 11:46
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

dreamer100
30-05-11, 18:42
Hi scott!

You are not alone with these thoughts- i have them too and like you with your family, everything to live for.

If you suffer from depression, try out the following UK site. It is a daily log of your feelings and takes about 2 minutes a day.

It has really helped me. I hope you try it and reply to me with your feedback.

dreamer100
30-05-11, 18:43
Hi scott!

You are not alone with these thoughts- i have them too and like you with your family, everything to live for.

If you suffer from depression, try out the following UK site. It is a daily log of your feelings and takes about 2 minutes a day.

It has really helped me. I hope you try it and reply to me with your feedback.

forgot site!!!!

www.moodscope.com

scott26
30-05-11, 19:45
thanks very much. ill try it and let u know how it goes.
have you suffered for a while ? or are u new to this aswell?
mine came out of the blue about 10 months ago. ive always been a worrier and had trouble mulling things over to much but this has really knocked the stuffing out of me.

thanks scott

Merewyn
31-05-11, 00:23
Scott you are not alone. Anxiety and depression cause all sorts of obsessive/strange thoughts. Belive me they will pass, given time and some help from supportive people.