PDA

View Full Version : How many of us attend support groups ??

FRANKIEISBACK
20-04-06, 19:38
I went to one mostly for depression a few years back but it was a bit miserable( if you know what I mean, no offence intended)

jackie
20-04-06, 19:44
i do frankie, its called the anxiety and agraphobia society. twice fortnightly.

a godsend

jackie

Rennie1989
20-04-06, 20:19
I don't and didn't attend any support group because I wasn't told to by anyone and I didn't have my parents or friends support so I didn't feel the need to go.

Scooties Back

Karen
21-04-06, 00:01
I don't and never have attended a support group although I am considering attending one for eating disorders that meets twice a week.

There might be a better mix of people at different stages and with different aspects of the disorder than at the day clinic I attend. However, the contact is only a phone number and I'm worried about ringing to find out about it.

I think support groups can help if they are well organised and run well.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

Alexandra
21-04-06, 11:53
All i do is my CBT usually ever other month & see doc about every 3 months. The rest is upto me.

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

hunny_as
21-04-06, 11:56
i have not been to one as my gp dose not think i am ill enough i am going to change my gp i relly would like to go to one

amanda xx

dont worry about today, for today was the tomorrow you worried about yeaterday

honeybee3939
21-04-06, 18:02
I Used to attend a depression Support group but i havent been for a few weeks as i have been finding it hard to travel, i quite enjoyed going, it was nice to be able to discuss your problems to people that understood. I am starting a Panic relief support group soon just waiting for notification. I have also had CBT and been on a Assertiveness course.

Love Andrea
xxx