PDA

View Full Version : Calling all peri/post menopausal ladies!

paula lynne
30-05-11, 17:08
Hi ladies... Im 40 now girls....as you know Ive been suffering from increased migraine, weight gain, hair growth(facial)..tingling fingers and toes, severe pms......and hot flushes for about 2 years now. A hormone test said all was fine, but I think its not the actual numbers of the results, but how they relate to each other.

Anyway, last night I woke up through coughing to find I was absolutely soaking wet....the front of my nightie was wet and my skin especially around head, neck, breast area was wet. I wasnt particularly hot, and had no anxiety symptoms (I thought initially a panic had woken me)...

Has anyone got any tips please? I do sleep with the window open. Im also 1 day late for my period, and the pains are actually getting less, could this be the start of menopause proper? Ive not yet missed a period, and my doctor says thats the first port of call regarding menopause....?

Any advice gratefully recieved. My current meds are lisinopril 20mg for BP, Simvastatin 20mg for cholesterol. x
Thanks ladies x:)

snowgoose
30-05-11, 19:24
hello lovely Paula :hugs:

think this is obviously oestrogen dip before period .been googling for cause and it seems it is common and not particularly indicator of perimenopause . You are very young for that to be the case . it happens just before period arrives to a lot of people ........if blood hormone tests have come back ok then you are not part of my club yet [the sweaty redcheeked bad tempered illogical one :mad:]

perhaps some soya in diet and in tablet form may help ? it is horrid to be dripping in sweat during night ......cotton night wear ,fan ......the usual stuff Paula helps .....and huge glass of water by bed xxxx

sounds to me as if your hormones go a bit haywire at period time with all those nasty migraines and palps to drag you down as well :hugs:

think about getting oestrogen boosters around that time from health store maybe ?
docs tend to recommend the pill to sort it out ...........:huh:

you take good care .hope it gets sorted ......but dont think you are near menopause .xxxxxx

macc noodle
30-05-11, 20:23
Paula - you could be entering the peri-meno club which you can languish in for many years prior to meno!!! My first blood test that came back was not totally conclusive - it is now though!!!

I started (well I guess I did - let's just say my world went a little weird) about 18 months ago - irregular periods, aches and pains, gastric issues, hot sweaty sensations, creepy crawly skin, headaches - really thought I was dying!!

Doc said straight away peri-meno! I thought NEVER must be more serious!

She recommended lots of crunchy vegetables particularly soya bean sprouts, beetroot, apples, cucumber, carrots & cabbage. Also crushed linseed, sesame seeds & sunflower seeds. Also include a good multivitamin pill & perhaps B6 supplement.

I know that I am particularly susceptible to flushes and headaches and feeling out of kilter when my period is due (whether it comes or not is another matter entirely) and it can be annoying not knowing when you are going to feel "normal" again.

Hope you get some respite and feel better soon.

:hugs:

Jan
xx

daybyday
30-05-11, 20:26
Hi, I'm 55 and postmenopause. My cycles stopped at age 45.
http://www.minniepauz.com/ This is a fun helpful site.

ElizabethJane
30-05-11, 20:30
I have a real problem as I am nearly fifty but had a hyst in 2007 and kept ovaries. No sign of the menopause and I'm sure I haven't yet had it. No loss of libido or vaginal dryness, mood swings a plenty, no hot flushes so am I peri-menopausal? If I had gone through the menpause before now I would have definitely noticed it? EJ

paula lynne
31-05-11, 00:02
Thanks for all the tips girlsx
Snowy, i was told I have Oestrogen dominance, thats whats causing these awful symptoms...so wont be taking any more...x Did try the mini-pill, 6 monthes, and it did help a bit, but with my nagging fear of stroke or heart attack (in my family) and with my bp and cholesterol, I didnt think it was worth the risk to be honest.

Think I will search for website dealing with menopause etc, thanks for all the tips.....Im hoping tonight is better. maybe the sweating was a one off? I did have several vodkas :blush:......we all know what alcohol does..maybe it was that haha. Night all. EJ, sorry I cant help, maybe you could join a specif website too?
P x

blueangel
31-05-11, 09:13
Another good website I found was Power Surge - there's loads of information on there and a forum as well.

diane07
31-05-11, 09:46
i'm 42 and i've been having sweats in the night for some time now, haven't had a period since last year, like you say paula it could have been a one off with the sweating, see how it goes in the next few nights hun xx

nuttymoo
31-05-11, 12:32
Hi I'm 44 and have been having nightsweats and other menopausal symptoms for years but still having regular periods. I was told I had osteoporosis when I was 39 but have since had a more thorough Dexa scan and told it's osteopenia (low bone density). I seem to have all the symptoms but still no menopause. I usually keep a fan blowing on me all night and that helps with the sweating :flowers:

pacer
04-06-11, 18:53
You can get some sage tablets from health food shops that really help with hot flushes x

countrygirl
04-06-11, 20:26
I'm just 50 and have been in perimeno for past 10 years but particularly past 5 yrs. It started with missed periods then long periods then flooding and constant (10 weeks) bleeding! The first 5 yrs I had intermittant bleeding problems with couple of years inbetween but past 5 years nothing has been normal:) I had two years of the long spells without periods then bleeding for weeks on end and flooding and after tests told it was hormones and I was like you oestragen dominent. I was offered either hrt or mirena coil but didn't want either or hysterectomy or live with it. I contacted the natural progesterone service and saw a private Dr and got a legit prescription for nat prog cream and it cured my excessive bleeding and flooding, this is not the stuff you can buy off the internet its one of only two that is garuanteed dosage per unit.

I have not had a regualr cycle for past 4 years and up about 6 months ago started to get period every two weeks getting lighter and shorter and Gp said this can happen before they stop. I have not gone three months without a period but who knows what will happen next. I am also getting hot flushes, very disturbed sleep, very dry downbelow and loads of other symptoms.

My very first symptom 10 years ago was spotting between periods for a few months and then the real peri kicked in when I went 6 weeks between periods 5 yrs ago.

ElizabethJane
07-06-11, 18:27
I'm not at all sure that I am menopausal? I haven't had a period since 2007 due to an absence of womb but I still have my ovaries and they are painful at times. It feels like someone is pricking me. It is probably ovulation. My body has a warped sense of humour! EJ