PDA

View Full Version : hard tissue

bexy84
30-05-11, 19:27
Could someone try and realate?? I found like a hard bit of tissue in my leg, feels a bit like a gland it is just ext to my shin on the inside of my leg abit further up from my ankle??? Do you have glands there or is it something else?? Thanks

Pudding
31-05-11, 10:33
Hi bexy84

I have a lump in the exact same place. I must admit I thougt it was due to a bump or bang I had on some occasion or other although it is painful and really hurts if I bang it. I'm not unduly bothered by it though.

Fran

sophiethestar
31-05-11, 17:04
I can't really relate to it because I've never had that but I read somewhere that we have 1000s of lymph nodes (often called glands) in our body. They are part of our immune system and swell due to infection or trauma. If you have a cut, graze or infected acne there then it would be common to have this swelling, but unlikely for an infection such as cold/flu- we tend to get swellings around our neck then. Sometimes parts of flesh seem to swell for no reason. I had a little lump on my back a few weeks ago and it hurt. It went down in about a week. Give it time. If it doesn't go away in a few weeks go get it checked by a Doctor. It's probably nothing, but best to get checked. :) x