PDA

View Full Version : Have you seen the NoMorePanic website?

nomorepanic
20-04-06, 21:39
I am doing this poll as I am interested in how many people have actually visited the website behind this message forum.

This forum is only part of an extensive website that offers all sorts of advise and help.

The website is on the left hand side under "main menu" and is integrated into this forum as well

So the question is?

Have you ever visited the NoMorePanic website (not just this message forum)?

Nicola

jackie
20-04-06, 21:41
yes nic, especially in times of great need for reassurance

jackie

Quirky
20-04-06, 21:52
Hi Nic,

Yes I am aware of it, I read it all last year and still refer to it from time to time. There really is some great info on there.

Lisa

heths
21-04-06, 10:49
Hi Nicola,

I found the site before the forum and found it very helpful. I printed out the first steps to refer to when I need to. I also visit the site from time to time.

Heather

Spice
21-04-06, 14:02
Hi Nic

I refer to the site from time to time too and find the information very helpful and reassuring. I found the site before the forum.

feege
13-05-06, 09:09
Hi Nic

Me too - I found it all at the same time thankfully, but then I forgot it was there for a couple of weeks and I think Karen reminded me and now I regularly look at it...

It is suprising how sometimes you forget stuff.

It's absolutely brilliant and covers just about everything - but I have a feeling other people don't know about it or forget like I did so the poll is a good idea!

Thanks for all your wonderful work!

loads of love xxxxx

Fee xxxxxx
www.like2like.com

Why live life anticipating the bad things when you could be anticipating the good?
Good and bad things WILL happen!

Shaz
13-05-06, 21:52
Hi Nicola,
I use this site when I need reassurance.

Shaz

What cannot be fitted into your day, cannot be done - forget about it!

chedda
07-06-06, 10:16
Hi Nicola
I found the web site first and was so happy with all the symptoms and information on it i was on a natural high:DThere is so much there and even symptoms that are not mentioned on any other site that i was worried about i now feel totally reassured..its a brilliant site and use it a lot
take care cheryl xx

nomorepanic
12-10-07, 21:20
Bumping up to see if people have found it helpful or not as most just read this forum.

clickaway
12-10-07, 23:09
I have not read it for some time, but there again I have been here for maybe three years and have learnt a lot. I've also helped to proof read some of it.

But I wouldn't be THAT aware of updates, although I think you do post about these, but they soon slip down the forum list. Is there a way we could promote the web site more, perhaps with the use of sticky posts or brighter colours on the left?

Gordon
12-10-07, 23:28
I've taken a look at the section about depression before.

I can't find anything on Borderline Personality Disorder, but don't worry as it's still quite a new diagnosis compared to other mental health problems.

Gordon

domino
13-10-07, 10:04
Hi nic, yes i,m always going back to it ,i find it very helpful.keep up the good work. x:biggrin:

Pickle
13-10-07, 10:09
Hi Nicola

I found the website while searching info on panic attacks. I read loads of info before I realised there was a whole lot more behind it.

Keep up the good work

nomorepanic
13-10-07, 17:08
Ray - I haven't added much recently and do post when I do. I keep referring people to read it but wonder if they don't see the website on the left and realise there are pages and pages of info.

Gordon - you are more than welcome to do some research and write me something up and I will put it on there and give you credit for it.

Krakers
15-10-07, 04:44
Hi NIC - I'm not sure how often its updated, or whether the updates are substantial. When I arrived here (previous site) I found it more like the starting blocks. A place to begin, but as my journey has progressed the forums became far more relevant.

It cetainly gives a good grounding in most problems. As you know though, people need not only assurance but answers to issues you couldn't possibly include withough archiving every post and squishing the info into some inteligibile form.

I'm not sure for the reason you initially asked, but if it brings people to the site then that can only be for the good, no matter what the hit rate is for the text based info. That can only be good.

Krakers.

Believe
15-10-07, 11:27
Nic,

Hi yes I have read them.That's where I started when i joined.
Tina

nomorepanic
15-10-07, 19:16
Hi Krakers

The main reason I ask is some of the pages are fantastic - like the coping one and the symptoms one and I just wonder if people ever read them cos there is so much info in there that would help more than one quick reply on here can do sometimes.

No other reason - I am not interested in hit rates and counters - have no idea how many we get a day lol

Krakers
17-10-07, 04:54
Hi Nic - totally understandable.

I'm quite happy to volunteer my services to run some statistical analysis on the website. While you may not be overly interested it may help detract me from my bottle of wine and the mounting pile of unopened brown letters.

Its not something that needs to be publicised, but it certainly will illustrate where you (and the teams) effort is actually realised.

Take care ............ Krakers.

nomorepanic
17-10-07, 20:49
Krakers

There are some stats on here....

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/psistats.php

The rest are on google analytics but I can't give you a link to that as it is password protected etc.

You are welcome to look yourself rather than open the bills lol.

beauty
18-10-07, 16:14
Oops i answered 'never knew there was one' cos i thought the poll was referring to completley different site to the one were on now...eek! xx

Richie
21-10-07, 20:51
yep i definately look at all the site not just the forum or chat room
from richie xx

marie1974
23-04-08, 00:18
hiya yes i find it very useful and go back to it from time to time
:yesyes:

pooh
23-04-08, 10:28
D'oh me! lol I thought it was all the same thing. Read loads on the left handside, been in forums chat and games.
Left hand side gave me peace of mind particularly on symptoms and how to cope and getting help etc.
Would like to see the left hand panel more highlighted though including updates.

Lynne x

elainefu88
04-05-08, 03:51
I am new here today..I like here.

smudgie
04-05-08, 09:04
Hi Nic

I found the website first and read it before I came here, I often use it and check it for updates and knowledge

smudgie

hunny_as
05-05-08, 22:21
yes i always go back there not just to find reassurance, but i use most of links and the medication list, it was grat help to me when i 1st come here and still is

thanks everyone who put the info there and the hard work into it its very helpfull and imformative and i know i can trust the information thats on there

thaks agin

Amanda x

Cathy V
07-05-08, 21:05
Yes it was the first thing i read before joining the forum, and i still read it whenever i think i need to. Ive also recomended it to some of my friends and family, for example i recomended that my daughter read one of the personal stories called 'Hannahs story' by her mum Rachel, as it relates to my 6yr old grandson's anxiety problem. She was so grateful to read it. The information you provide on the website is brilliant, thanks :)

Cathy V x

The Fool
08-05-08, 09:23
i read the stuff about anxitey and personal storys,first steps but now im geting better i dont feel i really need to but it helped me more than any other advice my so called counciler gave me.

livingwithmyself
11-05-08, 23:28
yep. i have known about the service for ages so as soon as i got the net i knew there would be a website. bonus to have a forum too!! x x

june
30-09-08, 14:34
:yesyes: :yesyes:
Main Menu
I have always found the items here very very interesting.
When i have posted replies i have directed people towards 'symptoms' as it is soooooo useful. And nine times out of ten once when you begin to read the information you are drawn to the next.

Then you become amazed at the amount of info there is.

CONGRATULATIONS to all who run this site.:yesyes:
the relief you bring to us is fantastic.
:hugs: :hugs:
june

Ddcoo
23-11-08, 12:47
Yes, I use the website quite often and find it extremely useful and have also recommended it to friends of mine.

pinkpiglet
23-11-08, 17:03
Yeah, I found this forum through the website & even though I use the forum more I do still refer to the website occassionally. My OH and I particularly found the page on palpatations extremely helpful & reassuring to the point that once we understood them, we were able to relax and they subsided.
I have read some of the poetry and success stories which are pretty encouraging & I like the self help pages as I feel that self help is the best approach in my book.

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

THROUGHOUT ALL MY RESEARCH ON THE NET I FEEL THAT NMP AS BEEN THE MOST HELPFUL & INFORMATIVE. THANKS GUYS, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK & WELL DONE XX

:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

Puye
18-12-08, 23:17
The Website is why I first came to this Site. It is very, very useful to me and I refer to it frequently. Thank you so much for the work you have done. :)

ThreeBee23
22-12-08, 05:09
The web site has incredibly good, thought out information on it. Just take the time to read everything. You might be surprised at what you would learn. :yesyes:

MissChampers
13-01-09, 14:27
Yes I refer to it sometimes.

sunshine-lady
10-02-09, 13:45
I read a lot of the website before I joined the group. There is some great information there. I pop back now and then.

Dominic1975
11-02-09, 23:08
I use the forums as I can get information, use up time chatting to people and hopefully make some people feel better if they are anxious about something... I use the web to refer to all the information about the symptoms of panic attacks, I found this really helped me, when it was first happening and allowed me to calm down a lot

june
27-06-09, 14:33
I am amazed that 3,184 people have viewed this post
and only 210 voted?
June
Correction 232 now

Jessilynm
02-09-09, 00:09
I find this question intriguing. I found the forum, and was curious, and just looked up at my web bar to see what site I was on.

june
18-09-09, 10:45
hi the question refers to the rest of this site for example the Main menu - and ALL the info within each category.
Do have a look there is soooo much good info in there.
Happy reading
June