PDA

View Full Version : tips

dreamer100
31-05-11, 06:20
Hi!

I suffer from GAD and have probably all of the usual physical symptoms.

Anyone any ideas that work for them?

vicky23
01-06-11, 16:13
hi Dreamer,
Some things are very varied in that they work for some but not others so really I'd say just give everything a try. so here are some things that I've heard about that may help:
exercise to use up excess adrenaline
get a weekly massage with aromatherapy oils such as lavender, neroli, bergamont, chamomile all good for anxiety
Apparently porridge is good for the nerves and it's cheap so that's great
Eat a good balanced diet, perhaps look into taking a B vit and or magnesium supplement which are meant to be good for anxiety-talk to your pharmacist or Dr
Have a chamomile tea- I really find this calms me down especially good for helping sleep
Get enough sleep- take naps if necessary
Listen to calming music I'm totally into yiruma at the moment it's very beautiful and relaxing, type it into youtube there's loads on there
Check on your breathing- anxious people tend to hyperventilate which can cause symptoms like dizzyness, nausea, pain etc Basically you want to be making your tummy move up and down rather than your chest when you take breaths (that's a very simplistic explanation of quite a complicated thing lol but there's info out there in books on anxiety/panic disorders available from your library which will explain it in detail.
Take up a relaxation technique like deep muscle relaxation or mindfullness
Consider seeing a counsellor to talk through issues and get a better understanding of this disorder or see a cognitive behavioural therapist who will help you challenge your thinking
Practice or take up a hobby that will be a distraction for you away from the aches/unwellness feelings/tiredness
That's all I can think of right now
Hope something eases your pain even a bit I know how awful it is :(