PDA

View Full Version : Overactive Thyroid

Janvi
31-05-11, 08:18
Pls help me last year in August 2010 i did a blood test due to my pregancy and found out that I had an overactive Thyroid. I did not perform any test after the delivery. Can anyone advise me. pls. Im depressed.
Ive a baby to look after.

Janvi

seeker
31-05-11, 22:47
You should go to your doctor - it is easily treated with pills. It may return to normal after a while - pregnancy does odd things to the body!

Janvi
01-06-11, 11:29
Thx very much.Ive heard that we should take pills for lifetime and this disease can cause seizure, coma etc. Im having anxity wiz this. Pls help

lelespears
01-06-11, 11:30
I have had this mines is now hypothyroid. Are you being treated for this?

countrygirl
01-06-11, 17:04
Are you mixing up over active and under active. It is quite common in pregnancy to be over active and often returns to normal after delivery. Have you not had a single blood test since delivery???

If not then just ask your Gp to check your thryoid levels and either way its completely treatable.

Janvi
03-06-11, 07:24
Hi everybody,

I carried out a complete blood test on previous day and im sooo happy all my test came back normal. Even my thryroid level is ok. Ive no thyroid problem with this. The Doc told me that it is normal to have a high T4 due to my pregnancy. Thanks for all your replies.