PDA

View Full Version : Brighton female, 28

Mills14
31-05-11, 12:45
Hello

I have recently found this site and am very excited. I have worked tirelessly to overcome depression in my teens and social anxiety in my 20's. Now at 28 I feel strong for the first time but still can relapse into anxieties and suffer feelings of worthlessness.

I recently discovered that I am a hyper sensitive person and so things that most people find easy to do, for me are very tiring, both physically and mentally. I cry at movies and at the news, I feel other peoples pain like it were my own, and as a victim of bullying as a child, if anyone says anything mean or slightly off I am crushed. The HSP label has really helped me begin to accept that I cannot measure my self against 'normals' and that I feel things more deeply than others. I hope to work on this and see being so empathic as a blessing. The trouble is I don't have many friends and I sometimes feel very lonely. I get frustrated at myself for not being able to go out as much as I'd like and by being overwhelmed sometimes.

Right now I am in a relapse rut. I am off sick from work and isolated. I have feelings of guilt about being away from work and also feelings of inadequacy as I begin to feel my old symptoms of anxiety and depression coming back.

I know I am so much stronger than before and so won't lose myself in all this, but some moments I struggle. I was really pleased to find this website and see people talking about similar things to me. I really hope this goes somewhere and I can make some friends of my own, based on who I am.

I am based in Brighton and could really do with hearing from anyone who feels so inclined.

Hope to hear from you

Mills :hugs:

nomorepanic
31-05-11, 12:47
Hi Mills14

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Tyke
01-06-11, 02:59
Hi Mills

Welcome to NMP. Your situation sounds very much like mine and many others on here. Life is tough being sensitive, but as you say, the empathy thing is a blessing. You could put a post in the 'Meet Up' section if you want to see if there are members in the Brighton area and there is also a good 'Pen-Pals' section.

I've just come out of depression myself and have found this site very helpful in supporting me with that. Hope you manage to find the same.

Best wishes
Tyke

notfeelingconfident
01-06-11, 17:44
Hello, where did you get this HSP label from? Is is an official thing, like from the NHS or self-declared? I wouldn't mind a label like that myself!:D
It would explain why I never seem to find a cure and I constantly struggle with myself, taking to extremes to try and reach a feeling of balance and confidence!

Anyway, I think you have come to the right place and are bound to make some friends here! Welcome!