PDA

View Full Version : Sexual Perfomance Anxiety

classy69
31-05-11, 16:26
Hi All,

I have started getting episodes of the above. I am 29 years old, and whilst not the most confident person in the world, I have never had an issue really. Whilst being 'nervous' I would get the job done, so to speak!!

The whole thing started in December with a condom related incident. Basically, me being a little nervous already, my girlfriend had trouble getting the condom on me, which made me paranoid, and then of course...droop!

This absolutely killed my self confidence! Finally plucked up the courage to 'do it again' around March this year and everything was fine! But again, since then the doubt has crept in (despite being fine last time) and has led to anxiety symtoms and even depression (currently on 10mg Citalopram)

I am attending CBT, but to be honest not sure if that will help as my anxiety is quite specific, so I was wondering if any of you wonderful people could give me some helpful advice?

Cheers

Edit - Should add my girlfriend is very supportive in all of this, and is in no way adding any pressure!!

nuttymoo
02-06-11, 13:12
You could buy some toys for your girlfriend. Lovehoney's a good site. That would take the pressure off you as you could just use them on her and join in when you felt able to :)

Meewah
13-10-11, 07:10
Ah performance anxiety that old favourite. We all go through this at some time or other. I totally agree with the toy thing. No bigger than you or she may have ideas of grandeur :D

Mee