PDA

View Full Version : Back to share my success

allergyphobia
31-05-11, 17:13
Hello everybody,
I just wanted to come back to share with you all that this weekend just gone, I achieved one of the things I have been worrying about for months and months. I attended a wedding with my boyfriend, and ate the meal with everybody…. I didn’t know anybody except my boyfriend at the whole wedding and I for the past year and a half I have been immensely terrified of food in general incase I go into anaphylactic shock. I have bit by bit put myself together again, from surviving on bread and water and losing over a stone and a half to become very underweight, malnourished and googling mental institutions to see if I could afford to check myself in (I couldn’t!) to where I am now, where I can attend a wedding and nobody else think I am different to any one else around that table.
I still am not anxiety free, after taking a break from this site I spiralled a little, I think some of the bickering I had suffered here affected me as this site has been such a lifeline for me. The people who have truly supported me here I thank you all. Massive shout out to Jane C, she has continued to support me so much and I cannot thank her enough x x x perhaps some interflora would do it! ;-)
I know my journey will be a long one but step by step I am achieving my goals and returning back to health. I just wanted to share this with you because I know reading these types of stories truly helped me when I was at my lowest. I can’t recommend this site, CBT and acupuncture enough, as well as support and information… I found out so much about anxiety that I could no longer fear all the horrible symptoms it gave me.
Stay strong everybody and take each minute as it comes… write down your achievements so you start to realise that every day you and making little steps… don’t let people knock you down… families and friends get tired of listening and that is hard… but the NMP family will always be there!
Take care everybody :hugs:

Spy
01-06-11, 18:20
really nice to hear you are doing so well, well done, you must be proud :)

Kerry B
01-06-11, 20:56
lovely to hear your success story your are doing brill, keep it up, there is no stopping you now, thanks for sharing your success.

Veronica H
01-06-11, 22:29
:bighug1:well done. Thanks for sharing your story with us. Best wishes.

Vx

Ingenious
01-06-11, 22:41
What a lovely story, so good to hear you have moved forward - well done :)

allergyphobia
02-06-11, 14:31
Thank you everybody :hugs:

Still got a lot of hurdles to jump but every day is a step forward, fingers crossed!

:)

snowgoose
02-06-11, 16:35
I am so delighted for you :)

what you achieved at the wedding was such a victory :yesyes:

not only the meal itself ..........but at table with others and not knowing anyone really.

fabulous post that gives us all the knowledge that anxiety and phobia can and will be beaten with help and determination .......no matter how long it takes .
well done you :flowers:

Hazel B
02-06-11, 18:51
That's so great to read, thanks for letting us know.

Well done you!:yesyes::yesyes::yesyes:

allergyphobia
06-06-11, 12:26
a massive THANK YOU to all of you for all of your support :):hugs::flowers:

tnt808
06-06-11, 18:46
Good girl hun x You should be so proud of you!

shoegal
06-06-11, 19:24
Lovely to hear that you are doing so well xxx

Worryaboutworrying
10-06-11, 16:34
Well done! thats brilliant, chin up xx