PDA

View Full Version : Passed my probation at work

Deepest Blue
31-05-11, 20:01
Hi :hugs:

I didn't know where to post this so I thought maybe it will be OK to in here.

I had my final 6 month review and I passed it which means I now have a new career.

I've been with this company for 6 years, working in IT but was doing shift work for most of that as a 1st/2nd line support type role which I got really bored with after a few months. I then became a Team Leader of that department which again I didn't enjoy at all because it was getting further away from the Technical aspects.

Last year an opportunity came where there was a vacancy for a more Technical role and most importantly working normal hours, no more shifts! I got the job and today I had my final review in which they couldn't praise me more for how well I've done and without any real direction from anybody, I just took the bull by the horns and saw what needed improving. My anxiety has made the job harder for me due to a having to be involved in a lot of meetings & customer facing which can really affect your performance if you're not 100%... amazingly I somehow managed to cope with it and I guess I have been rewarded today for it :)

Thank you for listening.

london
31-05-11, 20:35
you did it well done god bless

Deepest Blue
31-05-11, 20:46
Thank you.. I don't usually have much to smile about and don't really have many people to tell any sort of news too.. Thanks again.

lizzie29
31-05-11, 21:55
Well done! That's an achievement in itself, but to do it all with anxiety is even better!

Vanilla Sky
31-05-11, 22:48
You have been rewarded , hard work pays off, Congratulations

Love Paige xx

Spy
01-06-11, 18:17
well done thats amazing :)

suzy-sue
01-06-11, 18:20
:yahoo:Congratulations DB .And a Big Well done .:yahoo:You did yourself proud .Good luck with the New job .Luv Sue xxxx:bighug1:

suzy-sue
01-06-11, 18:55
I always think of his song when somone does something they should be proud of . www.youtube.com/watch?v=tms-ayMYzb8 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tms-ayMYzb8) For you today ..Sue x:hugs:

Deepest Blue
01-06-11, 19:17
:blush: I didn't expect so many lovely responses, thank you so much, means a lot to me. And that's a really nice tune you posted there Suzy, thank you :) x