PDA

View Full Version : Likeminded friends in the London area :)

BoredInLondon
01-06-11, 08:52
Hi,

I've only just signed up and finally found a place where there are people like me who can relate what I'm going through in this stage of my life.

To cut a long story short I'm very socially anxious who tries to make an effort and after something or other going wrong it brings me back to square one and makes me feel worse off. I'm too scared to seek help from my doctor, I already dropped out of Uni once because of it especially since I contacted the student liasion officer suggesting that she makes a society for people who struggle to make friends which she dismissed so I just saw no hope. You'd expect people to want to be friends when they're new and don't know anyone but they all formed their cliques within the first few days and I wasn't a part of them... I go for days without leaving the house which I really would like to change. I often spend the nights awake and the days sleeping of which I spend crying about how lonely I am and questioning what I've done to deserve being a peripheral character in everyone's lives.

Ok...sorry about that! On a lighter note I am friendly and used to be very bubbly but as the years have gone by I've found it harder to make and maintain friends and I really want to get my confidence back because I'm young and there's so much still to do in the world :)

I'm the type of person who can see the outgoing, fun loving person I long to be and strives for it. So if anyone aged around 16-23 wants to meet up we can help and encourage each other to do the things we've always wanted to do :) just send me a message x

diane07
01-06-11, 08:55
Hi BoredInLondon

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

suzy-sue
01-06-11, 19:10
Hi and a big :welcome:to NMP .Im sure you will get plenty of help and support here, and make some good friends along the way .t/c Sue x