PDA

View Full Version : Health anxiety and exams?

sophiethestar
01-06-11, 12:22
I'm going through such an episode right now and I'm convinced I have Lymphoma, but my Doctor is on holiday this week and I can't see her until next Thursday. I really need to study because I've got 5 Alevel exams coming up in the next few weeks but no matter how hard I try I cannot focus on my revision because I just think "What's the point if I'm dying anyway, and I'm not going to go to uni if I have Lymphoma so I don't need the grades." I just feel constantly worried and my mind is never at rest. I don't know what to do. Has anyone got any tips on how I can study easier? Thank you. x

anthrokid
02-06-11, 12:34
Hey Sophie,

I know exactly how you feel, but remember, it is highly unlikely that you have lymphoma. It is all health anxiety and the things we build up in our minds.

I know how hard it is to ignore these thoughts, I've been there before. It's okay to be constantly worried.

Have you had blood tests in the last year?

sophiethestar
02-06-11, 12:40
Hey. Yup I had a blood test a couple of weeks ago. The results came back normal. It's just that I've read so many stories online that Lymphoma sufferers' bloods are often normal so it goes unnoticed for a long time. :unsure: So I'm still worried, but I've stopped looking at medical websites online because I've realised many of them could be false information.