PDA

View Full Version : OMG

anneka
01-06-11, 15:57
ive been having a really bad time lately i live with just my husband and the rest of my family live in ireland my family thought it would be better if i move over there i will have them for support and they have a councillor which i havent been able to get where iam so i decided to go
but now moving day is only 6 days away and iam so scared
what if i panic on the plane
what if the plane gets diverted because of me
what if i cant stop panicing when i get there
iam so sick of all this why does it always have to be so hard
iam going to take vallium but i dont want to be addicted
what if i take to much
i wish i could think clearly

in7out11
03-06-11, 20:14
i've been here, your letting your mind wander far beyond where it needs to be, try focusing on one step at a time not the what ifs. From personal experience the pictures my mind paints are always a million times worse than the reality, i know also how hard it is to stop your mind drifting but to do it you need to try and take control and get a coping method that you can call on in a time of need.

Mine is counting and focusing on my breathing, and nothing else, if my mind drifts away i bring it back, i appreciate this may sound a bit silly to you but it makes a huge difference to me and enables me to keep control when im struggling and stops me falling deeper. Also it comforts me knowing i have the ability to control it if i need to.

For the time being though you really need to break it down and focus on one step at a time. The smaller the steps the better.

paula lynne
03-06-11, 23:10
Anneka, you wont become addicted to valium if you take 1 or 2 for the plane. You wont be on the plane very long ok. Take some bottled water, mints, and a paper bag to re-breathe. Some people find snapping an elastic band helps, or treat yourself to a magazine and read it. Ipods are good too, download some chilled out tunes. Learn to say "SO WHAT if...." x You will be ok. Let us know how you get on x:hugs:

Magic
04-06-11, 16:28
Oh annca,
I had the same trouble as you. I said had because I do now what In7out11 and Paulalynne advise. Take the drink and a paper bag or two and don't forget the valium
and deap breathing will help and just focus on how much better it will be for you in to get the help you need.
GOOD LUCK:hugs:

anneka
05-06-11, 18:41
it is the day before i leave and iam really surprised i havent paniced at all
so maybe my mind has finally realised that i dont need to panic at all i hope so its about time
thank you all for your kind messages
will let you all know how i get on :hugs: