PDA

View Full Version : night panic attacks

kizzie
01-06-11, 19:19
hi im kizzie.and i am new to this forum. i have been suffering with these horrible attacks for about 18 years now. and i still haven't got used to them. they started during the day but they have progress to night time attacks.
i have just gone on citalopram 20mg from taking clomipramine for 4 years. i weaned myself off clomipramine last september and have been feeling really great then bang last friday i was coming home from my mum and dads.had my grandchildren in the car. i felt hot and dizzy short breath and the feeling of sheer panic. i thought i was having a heart attack. got my husband to take me to A&E. they kept me in over night for observation. since saturday i started with citalopram been on them 5 days. and omg i feel terrible. i feel so anxious i cannot control them because i know its gonna start again when im in bed. just thinking about it i am getting pains in my chest. short breath. i just want to get up and run but where to. i hate this illness. i haven't eaten since saturday.
i went to work today and had to come home. i know its not going to kill me. but its hell at the moment. just trying to keep myself calm. it takes every bit of effort to keep myself from going mad. i just cant wait for these tablets to kick in. i try to explain to people what hell is but they dont understand. my husband tries to help and cuddles me. but when you have to get up early for work, its not nice when i have kept him up night after night with these attacks. its is so nice to find this forum. and to know that i am not the only person with this illness:)