PDA

View Full Version : first time here

wanttoheal
01-06-11, 21:01
Hello everyone,
This is my first post on this site. This site was recommended by a current member who was chatting on another support site I use. I'm looking forward to chatting with like-minded people. I have anxiety, depression and ADD. I don't have general or social anxiety, but I have what I call "situational" anxiety. It is mostly due to work or lack of work. I've had anxiety for about 10 years. I'm learning to accept that I have a disease and that it takes daily maintenance. Some days are harder than others, but I get through each day. I have a terrific support system, although I try not to rely on them all of the time; I want to be able to stand on my own two feet. I know they will be there when I need them. I'm realizing that my anxiety stems from not being truthful with myself in the choices I've made. I've been living a life to get approval, acceptance and recognition from family, friends and society. In this next chapter of my life, I am trying to make choices for me. It is tough, but I keep going forward. That is it for now. Peace!

nomorepanic
01-06-11, 21:06
Hi wanttoheal

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.