PDA

View Full Version : ive just had an electic shock

lindajane1971
02-06-11, 11:35
hi all
im in a bit of a panic as ive just had an electric shock from a socket and im scared something is going to happen to me :(
its my right hand, and its tingling a bit now like how it feels when you have pins and needles :( i know its daft but i cant stop thinking itd done something to my heart, i do feel a bit lightheaded not sure if thats coz of the shock or coz im anxious aobut it all

linda

Jayuk
02-06-11, 11:37
Heya Linda I wouldn't worry. I was changing a light switch and caught the live and it blew me across the room! It gave me dead arm all day!

blueangel
02-06-11, 11:55
If an electric shock was going to make you seriously ill, it would happen immediately. It can certainly make you feel odd for a while - a few years ago, I got quite a bad shock when the top came off an electric plug in my hand and I touched the connection. It burnt my fingers a bit and made my arm feel strange all day.

countrygirl
02-06-11, 12:42
If you are still conscious after an electric shock then your heat is fine - my husband was an electrician and due to mislabelling or someone wiring wrong he had a few shocks some even threw him across a room but he says that a shock can stop your heart but it is immediate.He said it makes you feel very odd for quite a time afterwards.

Tyke
03-06-11, 02:28
I've had a couple of electric shocks before. Both times from light fittings. Not very pleasant, but I'm still here to tell the tale. It does make you feel shaken up for a bit though.