PDA

View Full Version : Bride to be needs Help

petra
02-06-11, 14:23
I have suffered Panic Attcks in the past and thought that I was doing really well there for a while.

I tend to be the kind of person who tries not to get stressed or get into stressfull situations after my recent panic experiences but with a Wedding Comming up.... i think the stress levels are now kicking in, i am in fear all the time at the moment and i hate the way it is making me feel, I am supposed to full of the Joys of Spring and enjoying being the Centre of Attention but feel low low low. I feel even my health is suffering, I am a constand bag of nerves, dry mouth, thumping heart,now it is getting to my sleep. not only and i sweating in my sleep, but feel i cant drag myself out of bed, feel sick and generally low and feel sore all the time.

I know i am being silly, any tips, i cant seem to get myself in check just now.

Hugs to you all

Kate x:wacko:

ames
02-06-11, 15:04
I am also getting married soon and am feeling like your feeling. There is also other things that happened, like coming off medication at the wrong time and stuff happening at work which caused me to have a bit of a breakdown, but bit by bit I'm putting myself back together. I try to write a diary each day of how I'm feeling, and write down ANY positive thoughts I have even if they are small. I am lucky to have a loving family and friends who are always there to listen, or just to chat to about other stuff, I find this helps. You also need to give yourself a break, there is no 'I should be feeling like this, or I should be doing that'. Remember that your feelings are completely normal (what bride wouldn't be nervous) but are just exaggerated at the moment. Have you tried relaxation techniques? I started Tai chi today, just a DVD at home, but I feel a little more relaxed now.
When is your wedding? Is it a big or small one?
You will be fine, just as I will, you just have to believe it. Easier said then done I know!! We will both walk down the isle with big smiles, big confidence and looking beautiful!! Xx

nanny
02-06-11, 15:47
Hi

I know this sounds too easy but big deep breaths really do help when you are feeling like this, if you suffer anxiety anyway having a wedding to think or worry about will trigger all sorts of things off.
When you feel like that, take time out sit down and do a few breathing excercises they really do help.

I'm sure nearer the time you will feel happy and excited about it, it will be a wonderful day and give you loads of happy memories later on.
All the best x